Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What have you noticed that has changed in T-Mobiles KitKat?

OP rosedog

6th March 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #21  
Flag Mulberry, Florida
Thanks Meter: 452

1,722 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrobc97

So as of right now...nothing significant worth the update?

Sent from my Blutiful Note3

Nothing worth NOT upgrading either..

KitKat is a very large update from JB. Underneath a lot of things were changed and streamlined to make the system run smoother and more efficient. The lockscreen music feature is the best by far IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
7th March 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #22  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 329

1,504 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimax98

KitKat is a very large update from JB. Underneath a lot of things were changed and streamlined to make the system run smoother and more efficient. The lockscreen music feature is the best by far IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I was on the fence with how so little change was made from the eye candy point of view, but I took the plunge today, and I can honestly say the phone is much snappier. The under-the-hood changes make a big difference. The only real noticable things for me are the white icons. Especailly the battery icon. It seems so much bigger than all the other icons. Almost out of place. Overall I'm happy I did it. Very very smooth.
7th March 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 58

373 posts
Except a couple of cosmetic changes it just seems quicker now. Was hoping to see some more KK features but no luck that I have seen so far.
7th March 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 96

460 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimax98

Actually broken SD card and inability to root without tripping Knox is huge reason for me and frankly I can't imagine any bigger reason not to update, unless the new update would completely brick it, but this is close enough.
7th March 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #25  
Flag Mulberry, Florida
Thanks Meter: 452

1,722 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k

Actually broken SD card and inability to root without tripping Knox is huge reason for me and frankly I can't imagine any bigger reason not to update, unless the new update would completely brick it, but this is close enough.

For most of us here KNOX should be a non-issue.. Unfortunately when buying a Samsung device it's something we have to expect. I expect shortly that ALL root methods will trip KNOX. It's a security feature and root is nullifying that security.
If your company requires KNOX then you probably shouldn't be rooting it.

As for the warranty bit, we have been voiding warranties since the beginning KNOX doesn't change that.

As for the SD card that's another thing that is fixed 1 2 3 by root. Again for most of us its a non-issue.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to altimax98 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread