Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy mega 6.3 i9205 wont boot

Tip us?

iryan1990
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy mega 6.3 i9205 wont boot

Hi I have the Galaxy mega 6.3 i9205 rooted using stock firmware a clockwork mod recovery. It failed to install liquidsmooth and now wont boot atall. When I try and install anything from clockwork recovery it says failed to verify whole-file signature as is basically a paperweight now.
any ideas?

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by iryan1990 View Post
Hi I have the Galaxy mega 6.3 i9205 rooted using stock firmware a clockwork mod recovery. It failed to install liquidsmooth and now wont boot atall. When I try and install anything from clockwork recovery it says failed to verify whole-file signature as is basically a paperweight now.
any ideas?
Hi..check my post here and flash one of those recoveries from @Silesh.Nair post from his signature as those have kitkat support and are needed to flash these newer custom roms, after flashing one of those recoveries in the download mode with odin (i use odin v3.07) put the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip file on your sdcard and flash it with the recovery.

Note: When you flash any one of those recoveries after flashing it you must go directly back into the recovery mode when your phone reboots as if you do not the stock recovery will be installed again..you only have to do this once and after that it will not go back to the stock recovery..try this and see if it gets you back on track.

iryan1990
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10 View Post
hi..check my post here and flash one of those recoveries from @silesh.nair post from his signature as those have kitkat support and are needed to flash these newer custom roms, after flashing one of those recoveries in the download mode with odin (i use odin v3.07) put the update-supersu-v1.93.zip file on your sdcard and flash it with the recovery.

Note: When you flash any one of those recoveries after flashing it you must go directly back into the recovery mode when your phone reboots as if you do not the stock recovery will be installed again..you only have to do this once and after that it will not go back to the stock recovery..try this and see if it gets you back on track.
thank you so so much!

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by iryan1990 View Post
thank you so so much!
You are welcome.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using xda app-developers app