5,604,443 Members 48,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from f69m: Proudly presenting MultiROM for our beloved TF300T (unofficial port).

[BOOT][4.2+][UNOFFICIAL] MultiROM for TF300T [2014-02-13]

Tip us?

f69m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzz013 View Post
I have the last_kmsg file, how would you like me to get it to you?
Great! Compressed it should be fine to attach to a post or to a PM. Or drop it on pastebin, dropbox, any other filehoster of your choice. I really don't mind as long as I get a link to download.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to f69m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

f69m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by collindv View Post
Any reason this would affect my ability to see my dock battery percentage on CM11??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahric View Post
That is a CM problem, not a multiboot problem
I learned the hard way never to say never, when it comes to weird computer issues, but yes, it is highly unlikely to be related to MultiROM.

tazzz013
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by f69m View Post
Great! Compressed it should be fine to attach to a post or to a PM. Or drop it on pastebin, dropbox, any other filehoster of your choice. I really don't mind as long as I get a link to download.

f69m,

file attached, hope it helps. thanks again for the help
Attached Files
File Type: rar last_kmsg.rar - [Click for QR Code] (21.9 KB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tazzz013 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

f69m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
file attached, hope it helps. thanks again for the help
Thanks for the log! There is indeed one line that sheds some light on the issue:
Code:
 init: could not import file '/init.omni.rc' from '/init.rc'
This means somehow the OmniROM init.rc ended up in your CROMi-X initrd, probably coming from the MultiROM initrd that is taken from OmniROM. Quite understandable that it won't boot!

Did you reflash CROMi-X using "Install" from the MultiROM TWRP main screen?
The Following User Says Thank You to f69m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tazzz013
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Thanks for the log! There is indeed one line that sheds some light on the issue:
Code:
 init: could not import file '/init.omni.rc' from '/init.rc'
This means somehow the OmniROM init.rc ended up in your CROMi-X initrd, probably coming from the MultiROM initrd that is taken from OmniROM. Quite understandable that it won't boot!

Did you reflash CROMi-X using "Install" from the MultiROM TWRP main screen?
Honestly, i have tried so many things i dont remember. Should i try the reflash that you asked me about, or do you think that was the problem?

f69m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Honestly, i have tried so many things i dont remember. Should i try the reflash that you asked me about, or do you think that was the problem?
Yes, that should fix up the issue, worth a try.
However there is a lot of bad stuff going on under-the-hood and this is exactly where I made significant changes vs. the official MultiROM; there might still be bugs lurking down in the shadows.
I'll also give it a try installing the new CROMi-X 5.4.

tazzz013
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Yes, that should fix up the issue, worth a try.
However there is a lot of bad stuff going on under-the-hood and this is exactly where I made significant changes vs. the official MultiROM; there might still be bugs lurking down in the shadows.
I'll also give it a try installing the new CROMi-X 5.4.
Just tried a reinstall after flashing multirom.....I did notice when CROM-x was done the was "WARNING; Ignoring entry boot blob! message. Have no idea what it means, just figured i would pass it along. Rebooted, same result.

f69m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Just tried a reinstall after flashing multirom.....I did notice when CROM-x was done the was "WARNING; Ignoring entry boot blob! message. Have no idea what it means, just figured i would pass it along. Rebooted, same result.
OK, that is the issue. It is only a warning, as it is perfectly OK to have an empty boot.blob after flashing gapps or supersu, but not after flashing a ROM. Means your boot image was not updated.
I'll try hunds kernel and see if I can reproduce that.

Davide Folli
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi devs!
I'm installed multirom and as primary rom i flashed cm11.
Than I tried to install an older rom as second rom.
First i flashed cm 10.1, but my tablet was stuck at asus logo while attempting to boot cm10.1
So i deleted cm10.1 and i tried cm9..same result
I tried also a jellybean release of aokp... but i wasn't much more lucky..
I repetead the whole story more times...so i think it's not my fault and that's not a bad flash! i reflashed also the modified recovery
anyone can confirm that it's not just my fault? is there any way to flash a jellybean romas a secondary rom?
Thanks!

f69m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davide Folli View Post
Hi devs!
I'm installed multirom and as primary rom i flashed cm11.
Than I tried to install an older rom as second rom.
First i flashed cm 10.1, but my tablet was stuck at asus logo while attempting to boot cm10.1
So i deleted cm10.1 and i tried cm9..same result
I tried also a jellybean release of aokp... but i wasn't much more lucky..
I repetead the whole story more times...so i think it's not my fault and that's not a bad flash! i reflashed also the modified recovery
anyone can confirm that it's not just my fault? is there any way to flash a jellybean romas a secondary rom?
Thanks!
Even with MultiROM you can flash only ROMs that work with your boot loader. Those ROMs you mention require older versions of the boot loader, so no, it is not your fault.
I am not aware of any way to dual-boot those old versions on a current boot loader.