Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Noob question mdk

Tip us?
 
Mistertac
Old
#11  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1283
Posts: 2,967
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SO_dank View Post
Uhh ohh im so behind what is art???
Would ineed a camera app or does it function on aosp?? Im reading people having phone functions not work.
Ok and one last question.. im on bone stock the original... if I wanted to try aosp l.s. am I correct here..
Odin back to mdk
Root..recovery
Flash rom??
Or would a good old cleat cavh davlik suffice?? Sorry is been a long time
Check this out on ART
http://www.infinum.co/the-capsized-e...ime-in-kit-kat

And if your on mdk with a custom recovery already just download liquid+gapps and wipe everything in recovery and flash away. Make a backup first of course.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

If you don't have a recovery yet... Just flash one no need to Odin back. Assuming you're rooted as well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
SO_dank
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 150
Join Date: Jul 2011
Ohh nice can't wait to try art out. ..

Gapps.. google apps??
Where to get this in apk?? And I am guessing I need it prior to flashing rom..

Im sorry you must understand that when I was roming on my last phone everything was Odin.. everything.. The only thing flashed was say a clock mod
 
Mistertac
Old
#13  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1283
Posts: 2,967
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SO_dank View Post
Ohh nice can't wait to try art out. ..

Gapps.. google apps??
Where to get this in apk?? And I am guessing I need it prior to flashing rom..

Im sorry you must understand that when I was roming on my last phone everything was Odin.. everything.. The only thing flashed was say a clock mod
There's a link in the main Liquid Smooth thread that get you to the Gapps . they're PA Gapps and many options with descriptions of each. Find liquid in our forum, Go to the OP and you'll see.
And no problem let me know if you need more help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
jpcalhoun
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 253
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
There's a link in the main Liquid Smooth thread that get you to the Gapps . they're PA Gapps and many options with descriptions of each. Find liquid in our forum, Go to the OP and you'll see.
And no problem let me know if you need more help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
You're right, you should be a spokesman for Liquid Smooth, LOL.
 
Mistertac
Old
#15  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1283
Posts: 2,967
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Lol hey I'm just a super supporter. I have no desire at all to flash anything else now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jpcalhoun
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 253
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Lol hey I'm just a super supporter. I have no desire at all to flash anything else now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yes, you are a great supporter. Good to see users willing to help new users get the most out of our phones and helping them along the way. We all started out as Noobs.
The Following User Says Thank You to jpcalhoun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes