Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck at Samsung Logo -- SDHC Card Problem

Tip us?

les_garten
Old
(Last edited by les_garten; 6th March 2014 at 04:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 180
Default Stuck at Samsung Logo -- SDHC Card Problem

The day I got my 2014 Note, I put a "Team" MicroHD card in it. The device worked fine, but a reboot got it stuck at the Samsung Logo. I played around with it and somehow it booted and I didn't think about it again till yesterday, now some months later. I just figured it was new and "glitched".

Yesterday, I did a reboot and once again stuck at the Samsung logo. I could get into recovery and Download easily. I am not rooted, all stock.

I finally saw something about SD cards, pulled my card and it rebooted. Then I restarted again, no problems.

Put he card back in and stuck at boot Logo, regular as clockwork.

so some questions:

1) Can I just pull the data off and put on a new card and everything will work fine on it? I had moved a lot of programs to the SD card.

2) Should I move the data to the device and onto the new card? I'm worried about symbolic links and such. I don't know if pulling off to a windows machine would screw up permissions and what not. Maybe that doen't matter on the card since it is FAT32 anyhow?

3) This card "works" fine once the system is up and it is inserted, anyway to fix that do you think?
If I say something Useful Click the THANKS Button! If I say something totally Hilarious, click that baby TWICE!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake

SM-900T on AT&T (ViSiON X N3 NB7 N9005)
Galaxy NOTE 10.1 2014 SM-P600

reubenskelly1992
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
The day I got my 2014 Note, I put a "Team" MicroHD card in it. The device worked fine, but a reboot got it stuck at the Samsung Logo. I played around with it and somehow it booted and I didn't think about it again till yesterday, now some months later. I just figured it was new and "glitched".

Yesterday, I did a reboot and once again stuck at the Samsung logo. I could get into recovery and Download easily. I am not rooted, all stock.

I finally saw something about SD cards, pulled my card and it rebooted. Then I restarted again, no problems.

Put he card back in and stuck at boot Logo, regular as clockwork.

so some questions:

1) Can I just pull the data off and put on a new card and everything will work fine on it? I had moved a lot of programs to the SD card.

2) Should I move the data to the device and onto the new card? I'm worried about symbolic links and such. I don't know if pulling off to a windows machine would screw up permissions and what not. Maybe that doen't matter on the card since it is FAT32 anyhow?

3) This card "works" fine once the system is up and it is inserted, anyway to fix that do you think?
Try downloading sd booster, and select your internal memory at boot up

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

les_garten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenskelly1992 View Post
Try downloading sd booster, and select your internal memory at boot up

I'm not following ya here, can you elaborate on why this would work?

EDIT: Just noticed it needs ROOT to run
If I say something Useful Click the THANKS Button! If I say something totally Hilarious, click that baby TWICE!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake

les_garten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 180
Well, I'm in a much different place now.

I rooted and installed TWRP.

The SD Booster didn't help.

No matter what I did, there was one gig of data that was on the card that the OS didn't "see" properly.

This data was the data put there by the OS when I went thru and did a lot of "Move to SD Card" actions. I could see the files in Windows but not in Android by any of the Rooted FileManagers.

So I went into TWRP and wiped that disk and Formatted it. Now the system will boot with the card in and I did a Nandroid backup in TWRP to make sure it was working OK and booted with Data on it.

reubenskelly1992
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:

No matter what I did, there was one gig of data that was on the card that the OS didn't "see" properly.

This data was the data put there by the OS when I went thru and did a lot of "Move to SD Card" actions. I could see the files in Windows but not in Android by any of the Rooted FileManagers.

So I went into TWRP and wiped that disk and Formatted it. Now the system will boot with the card in and I did a Nandroid backup in TWRP to make sure it was working OK and booted with Data on it.
I had the same problem, my n understanding is when it boots up for some reason the tablet looks for its system files on the wrong memory , I.e the sd card . It doesn't find it but keeps trying therefore stuck on a loop. I downloaded sd boosted, put the cache up and selected the option for the internal memory to be used at boot

Quote:
I'm not following ya here, can you elaborate on why this would work?

EDIT: Just noticed it needs ROOT to run

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Quote:

reubenskelly1992
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Just in case here instruction, I set both memory's to 512mbu

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394160682005.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	2617653  

les_garten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenskelly1992 View Post
Just in case here instruction, I set both memory's to 512mbu

Yeah, I had tried that with no luck. I think it may have been moving a lot to the SD card thru the manage apps aplet.

kkretch
Old
Thanks Meter 406
Quote:
Yeah, I had tried that with no luck. I think it may have been moving a lot to the SD card thru the manage apps aplet.
What size is this card and what file system format did you use? Can you also tell us what class the card is also.
If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate

les_garten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch View Post
What size is this card and what file system format did you use? Can you also tell us what class the card is also.
it is 64gb and class 10.

I just formatted it in TWRP

reubenskelly1992
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I'd say check if it's the same with a different sd card, think generally SanDisk or samsung are the best to use