XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP 4.4.2 [D801/802/VS980] [12/27 Nightly]

Tip us?

friguy3
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrlover View Post
Guys Dr is building Dirty Unicorn, Beanstalk, Mahdi right now you need to check those out**
ALL QUALITY!!

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
They all seem so similar. Ugh. Impossible to know if and what any differences are. (Still on 4.2 malladus)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
On my G2

Alexzander
Old
(Last edited by Alexzander; 22nd January 2014 at 06:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
The rom seems fast trough menus , but in benchmarks is kinda slow ! In Antutu i got on the first run 26000 and on the second one i got 28800 , still to slow . My stock 4.2.2 gets 36000 ! . Also i think in quadrand i got on 4.2.2 close to 20000.On this i got 8000. wtf to that (O.o) ?!? . But on Epic Citadel i got 49.9 with 1080p resolution an Ultra high settings wich i think it's on par . Also on 3dmark Ice Storm Extreme i got Score - maxed out and on Ice Storm Unlimited i got 15421. Are there two versions of Antutu and Quadrand for the jelly and the kit ? Because from 36000 to 26-28000 it's a big BIG gap . And i found that when trying to copy gta sa folder back to the phone it gets stuck at 80% . Somethimes it gets to 99% and gets stuck. And after a few minutes it says that connection with the phone was lost and i have to unplug and replug the phone. Bear in mind that i copyed the gta sa folder on the 422 version without any problems. So yeah this rom has big issues or am i missing something.

ps: hmm seems that the files also get stuck on airdroid(it says network failure). I'll reinstall the stock and see what's what.

ps number two : hehe i entered in download mode just now and it says unrooted (white text) lol . Is that normal ? Because this 442 is rooted (never mind the fact that i have twrp). )

So i followed the LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) post to goi back to stock ( i did it once before with no problems) . But i'm stuck in a loop at lg logo with sound. Now i'm retrying the procedure . This time dough it says rooted .

Help ! It's stuck in a loop at lg logo with sound .

I did a hard reset and the problem is gone now . Here is shown ho to do : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ogBvzbPikc

Alexzander
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexzander View Post
The rom seems fast trough menus , but in benchmarks is kinda slow ! In Antutu i got on the first run 26000 and on the second one i got 28800 , still to slow . My stock 4.2.2 gets 36000 ! . Also i think in quadrand i got on 4.2.2 close to 20000.On this i got 8000. wtf to that (O.o) ?!? . But on Epic Citadel i got 49.9 with 1080p resolution an Ultra high settings wich i think it's on par . Also on 3dmark Ice Storm Extreme i got Score - maxed out and on Ice Storm Unlimited i got 15421. Are there two versions of Antutu and Quadrand for the jelly and the kit ? Because from 36000 to 26-28000 it's a big BIG gap . And i found that when trying to copy gta sa folder back to the phone it gets stuck at 80% . Somethimes it gets to 99% and gets stuck. And after a few minutes it says that connection with the phone was lost and i have to unplug and replug the phone. Bear in mind that i copyed the gta sa folder on the 422 version without any problems. So yeah this rom has big issues or am i missing something.

ps: hmm seems that the files also get stuck on airdroid(it says network failure). I'll reinstall the stock and see what's what.

ps number two : hehe i entered in download mode just now and it says unrooted (white text) lol . Is that normal ? Because this 442 is rooted (never mind the fact that i have twrp). )

So i followed the LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) post to goi back to stock ( i did it once before with no problems) . But i'm stuck in a loop at lg logo with sound. Now i'm retrying the procedure . This time dough it says rooted .

Help ! It's stuck in a loop at lg logo with sound .

I did a hard reset and the problem is gone now . Here is shown ho to do : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ogBvzbPikc
So i'm back on stock with these results: Antutu 34311, Quadrant 20050, but interestingly 3dmark scores are lower compared to 442 : Ice Storm Extreme is no longer maxed out with a score of 9768, and Ice Storm Unlimited droped from 15421 to 12414. So only from the benckmarks kitkat is an improvement although i couldn't test gta sa . Oh and by the way this time on my stock rom the gta sa folder worked fine .

My conclusion is that this kitkat rom is good but it still needs some polish .

darby427
Old
Thanks Meter 1
the latest nightly has been decent.. a few random reboots and 2 sod's. The reboots mostly happened after i did something or something happened.. ie.. on 2 of them a call came in (I have it set to ring and vibrate) and the motor kept running while the phone crashed. A few other times is rebooted right after sending a text of closing out the browser

strodda
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for this. I Loved AOKP on my Gnex(still rocking M3). I just flashed the 2/1 nightly... cant wait until a stable is released.

darby427
Old
Thanks Meter 1
2-1 nightly has been stable And running well for 24 hours. Glad to see a few more features added.

Flashed dirty with only a chache and dalvik wipe

vipergrm
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks this this ROM. I'm just about to update to the latest nightly.

One question though. Is there a way I can stop icons from newly installed apps appearing on the home screen automatically? I know this is nothing to do with the ROM as such but I just can't figure out how to do it. Thanks all!

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

I'm getting update failed when I try to install the latest nightly. This one 12/27 works fine but the 02/01 or 02/02 nightly fails! I am using TWRP. Any ideas how/why this is failing? Thanks.

steelbeans
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Default Wifi Issue

I seem to have a wifi problem with this rom (and other 4.4.2 roms i've tried), im using the "...d802 - 2013-12-27" version.

I'll connect to my home wifi - all fine. I'll then leave the house and go to work (where there is wifi) and it won't 'see' any of the new networks - it'll still show the wifi routers around my home!!! - and obviously can't connect to any of them...

The only solution is to reboot

Is anyone else having this issue? Have searched and can't find anything similar...

Cheers

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe