[Q][FeatRequ.] FP-OS Improvement: Integrate "Your Apps" to the "EdgeSwipe Menu"

3rd March 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

9 posts
Hey XDA-Crew and also @joemier,
Here comes an improvement suggestion for the Fairphone OS from my point of usage:

Integrate the "Your Apps" widget to the "EdgeSwipe Menu" of the Fairphone OS of KWAMEcorp

Details of my idea:
  • I really like the "Your Apps" widget at one of the homescreens - but I don't use this at all
  • I really like and use the Fairphone OS "EdgeSwipe Menu" launcher
  • Plus: there is no necessity to acces the EdgeSwipe Menu from EVERY side (2x) and EVERY corner (4x) and always end up in the same launcher menu

Therefore my suggestions are:
--> If you integrate the "Your App" to the swipe menu, it would be really more usable:
  1. only if you swipe-in from the MIDDLE of one side --> normal EdgeSwipe Menu launcher appears
  2. if you swipe-in from one of the LOWER CORNER of the screen, the "LAST Used"-App from the "Your Apps" widget will appears
  3. if you swipe-in from one of the UPPER CORNER of the screen, the "MOST Used"-App from the "Your Apps" widget will appears

I hope this give you an idea, how it would be possible to have a real additional benefit of both apps from KWAMEcorp, with a very fast access to both functions without the need to swipe away the whole homescreen...

Can only KWAMEcorp / FP can implement this, or could also someone of XDA make this, because both programm are open source, right?

I would like to hear some feedback to this idea!

Cheers,
Robert

P.S.: This post moved from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50767905
The Following User Says Thank You to therob84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

9 posts
For better visualization I made a first sketch of my improvment suggestion.

Comments are welcome!
Cheers, Robert

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairphone_EdgeSwipeMenu_Improvment_web.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	2616395  
7th March 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Different Menu's for swipe from right or swipe from left, would be a great option..

For every lefty important apps on the left side and the secondary apps on the right and the other way round.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread