FORUMS

[Q] Using a DAC with Droid Ultra

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By elementbreaker, Junior Member on 7th March 2014, 08:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I want to get the fiio e18 dac for this phone however I'm not sure if it will work. I'm running 4.4 and i've heard there are issues using DACs with kit kat, so if I flash a rom like pac rom would it then work? Has anyone tried this yet? I would like to know for sure before buying the fiio.
 
 
13th March 2014, 10:42 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementbreaker

Hi, I want to get the fiio e18 dac for this phone however I'm not sure if it will work. I'm running 4.4 and i've heard there are issues using DACs with kit kat, so if I flash a rom like pac rom would it then work? Has anyone tried this yet? I would like to know for sure before buying the fiio.

Went ahead and got it anyway, works completely fine and I'm very satisfied with the e18 .
21st October 2014, 01:12 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementbreaker

Went ahead and got it anyway, works completely fine and I'm very satisfied with the e18 .

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to know if this worked with a non-rooted Droid Maxx (Ultra) with 4.4.4?
21st October 2014, 08:16 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman7

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to know if this worked with a non-rooted Droid Maxx (Ultra) with 4.4.4?

Well man my device is rooted so i can't give you a 100% on this, but i see no reason why it shouldn't be fine
16th November 2014, 04:40 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 562
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementbreaker

Well man my device is rooted so i can't give you a 100% on this, but i see no reason why it shouldn't be fine

Seems an excellent amp for any android.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/696529/fiio-e18-review


http://www.head-fi.org/t/696529/fiio...#post_10249157
Fiio has a list of compatible phones
http://m.fiio.net/en/products/20
http://m.fiio.net/en/products/20/parameters
Moto X is listed so Ultra should be fine.
Wow, I may get this myself or the x1!
Last edited by aviwdoowks; 16th November 2014 at 05:21 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes