don care! 35 13.83%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

[C][Info] Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. Sony Xperia Z2

Tip us?

x102x96x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 254
Was There any Water-Tank for Galaxy S5 in MWC?
Like Xperia Z2 that visitors could freely put it in water and ...

Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Developing & Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & AndroidWear <<<
SonyXperiaZ2...
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /NC1
GoogleNexus5; D821 /kXk | KOT49H | CM11 | Ubuntu |
CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7; Grouper /kXk | JB-KK | Ubuntu |
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)

xeizo
Old
Thanks Meter 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x View Post
Gaming, Texting, Calling, Watching, Listening, Reading
also little bit programming and developing for them
He meant that 32-bit cant adress more than 3GB ....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
SM-G900F(kltexx) 16GB + 32GB Black UP and running KOT49H.G900FXXU1ANCE

NO SUPPORT QUESTIONS VIA PM - KEEP IT IN A THREAD!

panast
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi guys, after almost a year and a half with lumia 920 my suffering is near to the end and I am in the market for a new Android and consider both Z2 and S5 of the poll and the new HTC M8. I previously had S2 and my wife has the S4 and I am now kind of reluctant to get another Samsung so in the beginning before I started reading forums, I was more towards the new HTC but now after reading further info, I think I get the new Z2. Too bad that the new HTC isn't at the poll and it seems that I can't find a poll to include all three of them.

Do you know any page to compare all three new Z2 - S5 - HTC?

xeizo
Old
Thanks Meter 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by panast View Post
Hi guys, after almost a year and a half with lumia 920 my suffering is near to the end and I am in the market for a new Android and consider both Z2 and S5 of the poll and the new HTC M8. I previously had S2 and my wife has the S4 and I am now kind of reluctant to get another Samsung so in the beginning before I started reading forums, I was more towards the new HTC but now after reading further info, I think I get the new Z2. Too bad that the new HTC isn't at the poll and it seems that I can't find a poll to include all three of them.

Do you know any page to compare all three new Z2 - S5 - HTC?
Since none of them are realeased as of yet, if I where reluctant I would wait until all of the hands-on reviews starts popping up. They will give you a much better idea!

Personally, I'm not really found of very rectangular and glass so I'm not that impressed by the Z2, the only thing I like about it is 3GB RAM but that is not a killer feature as Kit Kat does well with much less.

The S5 will by all means be much more comfortable to use because of shape and materials and has similar hardware plus a few tricks up its sleave the Z2 dont, also it will probably have much wider dev support becasue of larger global availability. Its a no-brainer to choose the S5 for me, but then I don't care about "premium" as a whole lot of people do, its only a smartphone for me

The Following User Says Thank You to xeizo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WhiteHartMart
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeizo View Post
Since none of them are realeased as of yet, if I where reluctant I would wait until all of the hands-on reviews starts popping up. They will give you a much better idea!

Personally, I'm not really found of very rectangular and glass so I'm not that impressed by the Z2, the only thing I like about it is 3GB RAM but that is not a killer feature as Kit Kat does well with much less.

The S5 will by all means be much more comfortable to use because of shape and materials and has similar hardware plus a few tricks up its sleave the Z2 dont, also it will probably have much wider dev support becasue of larger global availability. Its a no-brainer to choose the S5 for me, but then I don't care about "premium" as a whole lot of people do, its only a smartphone for me

My thoughts exactly. The Z1 was lovely tolook at too but IMO not a great phone to use with its hard edged rectangular shape. Plus the Z2 is about the same length as a Note 3!

Really tempted by the S5 or Note 3 plus a Gear right now.
Nexus 5 Black

x102x96x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 254
Info 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHartMart View Post
My thoughts exactly. The Z1 was lovely tolook at too but IMO not a great phone to use with its hard edged rectangular shape. Plus the Z2 is about the same length as a Note 3!

Really tempted by the S5 or Note 3 plus a Gear right now.
It has same length as Note3 cause Xperia Z2 has same battery (3200mAh)
+
IP58 (They should design for this durability.)
Xperia ZL wasn't water-dust resistant so it was the most compact phone for 5" FHD. But compare durability of Xperia Z with GS4 >> one year ago drop-test of Xperia Z was funny; no scratch, no broken glass & ... But GalaxyS4 got a report that broke in pocket! however Design of GS4 was really good (personally love it)
So one hand usage is not just parameter for designers. they have to look on battery, memory, camera lens size, display & Durability.

- - - - -
Again Low-light camera test of Xperia Z2 in Tokyo; /Demo-Unit
Source

Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Developing & Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & AndroidWear <<<
SonyXperiaZ2...
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /NC1
GoogleNexus5; D821 /kXk | KOT49H | CM11 | Ubuntu |
CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7; Grouper /kXk | JB-KK | Ubuntu |
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)

The Following User Says Thank You to x102x96x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

panast
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeizo View Post

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I am not aware, regarding 3rd party development, there will be many custom roms for the Sony, like now exist for all Galaxy models?

timberwolf60
Old
Thanks Meter 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by panast View Post
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I am not aware, regarding 3rd party development, there will be many custom roms for the Sony, like now exist for all Galaxy models?
Once you rooted S5, your warranty gone. Hopefully we can rooted the z2 with locked bootloader like now as my Z1 and will be ideal for me.

Send from my C6903 using TapatalkPro
my Sg device: Z1 rooted136 ROM by NUT with 2.7.94 dualrecovery, mod by GavityBox 2.9.7. Samsung S2 standby for Z1 when Z1 no power.

bdithug
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf60 View Post
Once you rooted S5, your warranty gone. Hopefully we can rooted the z2 with locked bootloader like now as my Z1 and will be ideal for me.

Send from my C6903 using TapatalkPro
my Sg device: Z1 rooted136 ROM by NUT with 2.7.94 dualrecovery, mod by GavityBox 2.9.7. Samsung S2 standby for Z1 when Z1 no power.
I already called Sony mobile and they confirmed rooting the z2 does NOT void your warranty through them. Samsung on the other hand confirmed that rooting does void your warranty here in North America. If you're looking for development for a phone, my choice would be the z2 hands down.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdithug For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xeizo
Old
(Last edited by xeizo; 8th March 2014 at 04:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 452
Well, then I guess most development will be made in Europe for the S5 as our consumer laws doesn't allow a vendor to randomly decide what voids warranty or not. If there's a hardware fault there is a hardware fault no matter what the vendor says about the software. Pity for you Americans though, I'm sure Samsung will lose a lot of customers because of this since hardware enthusiasts will voice their dismay and affect "normal" users who occassionally reads blogs etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tags
galaxy, mwc, samsung, sony, xperia