[Q] How to bypass Root (Un-root) ?

Search This thread

SheepRaider

Feb 8, 2014
Khartoum
Hello everyone :laugh:
I'm new here in this forum and as on android user as well so go soft on me :D
I have a problem regardless the root and unroot device, my nexus 7 in rooted (I dunno if it is rooted by manufacture or not)
I installed some online games like Iruna online and avabel problem is I always got the same error screen "Authentication Failed"
I heard it got something to do with rooted devices, so I tried some programs that un-root the device for certain apps but it failed too.

any suggestion or this error is duo to something else :confused:

Ps:Google play is restricted in my country so I'm using hotspot

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Do you want to hide the root or unroot the device.
No Nexus 7's are sent rooted from the manufacturer if it is rooted then this has been done by a user. Wugfresh nexus toolkit has an option to unroot but this involves flashing an unrooted stock ROM and will wipe the device. I'm not aware of any other way to unroot the tablet. Some apps say that they can hide the su binary from other apps. For more info on what "root access" actually is see XDA university for a pretty concise explanation. Try hide my root by amphoras if you can't get that on hotspot PM me and I will send you the .apk file.

Sent from one of my 47 iPads running android C3P0

SheepRaider

Feb 8, 2014
Khartoum
I tried multiple apps that hide root but all failed, I will try the one you mention,
and I'm asking about the error too "Authentication failed" is it because of root or else ?

Edit: I just tried the app and the same error

Last edited:

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Hello everyone :laugh:
I'm new here in this forum and as on android user as well so go soft on me :D
I have a problem regardless the root and unroot device, my nexus 7 in rooted (I dunno if it is rooted by manufacture or not)
I installed some online games like Iruna online and avabel problem is I always got the same error screen "Authentication Failed"
I heard it got something to do with rooted devices, so I tried some programs that un-root the device for certain apps but it failed too.

any suggestion or this error is duo to something else :confused:

Ps:Google play is restricted in my country so I'm using hotspot

Hi, SheepRaider...

If your Nexus 7 is rooted with Chainfire, then unrooting it should be relatively straightforward...

------------------------------------------------------------

** Go into the App Drawer and locate the SuperSU app. By default, the icon should be a YELLOW triangle with a RED hash (#) overlayed on top of it. However, this may have been changed by whoever originally rooted the device. See the first thumbnail at the bottom of this post for the alternative icons. If it's been made invisible (hidden from launcher), then things become a little more technically challenging. See this post for more details on this.

** Once you have located the SuperSU app, run it and tap on the SETTINGS tab.

** Scroll down to the option, Full unroot - Cleanup for permanent unroot, tap on this and follow the on screen instructions.

** Reboot your Nexus 7... you should now be unrooted.

------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look at my attached thumbnail images for the sort of things you should expect to see.

Hope this helps... and good luck.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Attachments

• root1.png
    root1.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 227
  • root2.png
    root2.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 213
  • root3.png
    root3.png