5,599,616 Members 43,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] Lost IMEI after update to , and downgrade

Tip us?

barc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone tested the new update yet? Does it fix the wifi issues with crashing/rebooting?

protostar13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ok so i purchased my phone on amazon and got it somewhere around feb 25th, i got a message on the phone to update software so naturally i did, then i discovered what rooting does and i decided to follow some youtube instructions to flash my phone to an earlier firmware the link wasnt working so i found another which was C6802_14.1.B.0.475_GENERIC Hong Kong.ftf after flashing this i lost my imei its all zeros and i then tried flashing C6802_14.1.B.1.526_M3dD0g.ftf with no luck so im trying to find out what the updated software was that i must have downloaded when i first got the phone given the date i had recieved it im thinking that the 14.2.A.1.142 is the correct one that i must have updated to, i was running version 4.3 jelly bean before all this happened i also have this problem where everytime i turn off the phone and turn it back on it is in the chinese writing again and asks me to select my language again anyone know what to do short of return the phone while i still got time my internet is extremely slow im tired of it taking 4 hours to load a new ftf just to find out its not the right one ive heard some where hving success with the 290 getting their imei back but im thinking thats the software they started with or updated to to get it back so i have no idea which one i started with or which one i updated to all i know is the date i got it and that possibly its the 14.2.A.1.142 looks really familiar im downloading that one now so we will see what happens and i also read something about flashing excluding the basebands so if that is part of it please make it as clear as possible im obviously a noob but im learning quick

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 468

DONATE TO ME
Pleas dont ask the same question in multiple threads.

See my reply to the other thread you necromanced
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]