5,606,722 Members 37,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.4 ROOT] [BOUNTY] New Root Method Exploit or Full Bootloader Unlock Droid Maxx

Tip us?

summer.cat
Old
(Last edited by summer.cat; 7th March 2014 at 05:40 PM.) Reason: remove illegal tag
Thanks Meter 8
Info 2 donate

I'm ready to donate about 20$ for rooting and 30$ for bootloader unlock way.

a bit of offtop:
i researching how to hack bootloader and find a way how to put our device into low-level pre-bootloader mode. In this mode you cat flash Blank Boot by special qualcomm utility.
Also, i find the same theme at xda here
and found interesting information how to change values into protected memory blocks to remove validation of firmware parts - by JTAG.
If somebody wants to know about it, i'll share this information.
But i think - it's terrible, very dangerous way even trying to unlock this method. But, as i think - it's 100% working, 'cause it program into low-level mode, like at the factory.

sp47
Old
Thanks Meter 5
BOOTLOADER IS UNBLOCKED!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...2659234/page32
The Following User Says Thank You to sp47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigv5150
Old
Thanks Meter 153
40 bucks give or take a dollar (exchange rate). Yes I'm unlocked from using it

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

rmjones2006
Old
Thanks Meter 28
From $10 to $20 from me

Franzie3
Old
(Last edited by Franzie3; 12th March 2014 at 03:09 PM.) Reason: Link would help...
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzie3 View Post
Last time I'll speak out of topic. I will start a new thread tomorrow about the boot loader unlock. It will be just what to do. No links or nothing. You need to know the risk and what you are doing before you do it. Some have had no issues others have some. Would do now I'm just not around

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Here's the topic I started. let's leave this strictly for the bounty and all bounty related chat

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51026939
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franzie3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kappadappa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Since I had to pay for a service to get root, I'm going to withdraw my bounty contribution here.

rds217
Old
(Last edited by rds217; 17th March 2014 at 03:51 AM.) Reason: removed contribution to bounty
Thanks Meter 7
I'll withdraw my $50 from the bounty, I've unlocked my bootloader and am trying to assist others who wish to do the same. I just ran into some significant, unexpected expenses, and every dollar will count for the next few months.
Sorry

spiral777
Old
(Last edited by spiral777; 15th March 2014 at 12:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Check out @teamandIRC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TeamAndIRC/statu...38023178579968

https://twitter.com/TeamAndIRC/statu...38023178579968
Current phone - Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080mdev T-Mobile H+ 4.4 Obake Femblack Halo LMT
▌│█║▌║▌║CarbonRom║▌║▌║█│▌
http://mycolorscreen.com/spiral777/
bryan.bailey.777@gmail.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiral777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tijmen
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1907
Thread cleaned.

I have deleted everything not directly related to the bounty, we'll want to keep stuff involving amounts of money like this transparent and uncluttered. If you want to discuss something not directly related to the bounty, i.e. something not about adding or revoking your contribution, do it in one of the many discussion threads. Let's keep this thread on rails, people.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tijmen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jtoTTy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Please withdraw my $100 towards the bounty (note that my post to bump from $50 to $100 got deleted).

For me, there was a lot of interesting stuff going on in this thread (~66 pages worth), which I have been monitoring at least daily since it was created. While the reasoning and work behind cleaning up a thread is admirable, much of the information that is now lost does not exist elsewhere. I suppose people (myself not excluded) who post interesting things slightly off-topic are to blame, but the primary reason I want to withdraw my bounty is because I no longer wish to monitor this thread if it's just going to be about the money and not the status of getting root on our devices. If I had any value to add to the root discussion, I'd create such a thread myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to jtoTTy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]