5,603,646 Members 37,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just got the G Flex (Tmobile), not sure I'd recommend this phone

Tip us?

RobHands
Old
Thanks Meter 10
How is screen on time? I heard that 8-9 hours with auto brightness is more than possible?

Don't you think that texture on the display looks as if it had an anti glare screen protector? (would make sense because top display layer is plastic?)
Did you know that it takes more time to post a reply saying thanks, than to hit the thanks button?

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2704

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHands View Post
How is screen on time? I heard that 8-9 hours with auto brightness is more than possible?

Don't you think that texture on the display looks as if it had an anti glare screen protector? (would make sense because top display layer is plastic?)
I regularly get 8 hours of screen time or more. Also, that's what I've always thought about this screen. I don't really think it's screen itself it looks because you can see a rainbow affect just like a cheap screen protector. I guess that's the price we pay for the flexible technology.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

RobHands
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
I regularly get 8 hours of screen time or more. Also, that's what I've always thought about this screen. I don't really think it's screen itself it looks because you can see a rainbow affect just like a cheap screen protector. I guess that's the price we pay for the flexible technology.

You have your brightness settings high?
Did you know that it takes more time to post a reply saying thanks, than to hit the thanks button?

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2704

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHands View Post
You have your brightness settings high?
No i stay on auto brightness because i just prefer it, o hate a super bright display in the dark and I'm in the dark almost all day for work.

The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ptfdmedic
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2116

DONATE TO ME
Here's the thing I've noticed. There's an obvious bluish tint to the left side of my screen. It's less obvious on brighter settings. The graininess doesn't really bother me. To me, it looks like one side of the screen is brighter than the other. I had one with AT&T and now one with T-Mobile. Both had the same issue.

The resolution doesn't really bother me at all, even when compared to the note 3. The battery life is amazing and the UI is very similar to TouchWiz but it's implemented much better on the LG.

I really like the screen curve and despite having what I would consider an inferior display, I find it tough to switch back to my Note 3.........

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
A father to 3 Autistic boys and husband to a chronically ill wife. I use my ROM's as a means of making people Autism Aware. If you like my work you can sayThanks by stopping by my blog "Lost and Tired" and reading my family's story. You'd be helping to spread Autism Awareness. EDIT: Added a Donate Button Per Request

The Following User Says Thank You to ptfdmedic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ToledoG28
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Id been rooting and flashing around for a couple of years. There's no other phone like this one. Mine is from T-Mobile. ..woa...what a beast!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToledoG28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wase4711
Old
Thanks Meter 3236

DONATE TO ME
yep, and once you stop "looking" for all the things wrong with this phone, you will absolutely love it...after a month with it, its one of my favorite phones ever, even as stock..

sweets55
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoG28 View Post
Id been rooting and flashing around for a couple of years. There's no other phone like this one. Mine is from T-Mobile. ..woa...what a beast!!

x2...I got tired of flashing Roms with my G2. I haven't even rooted my Flex and fine with stock.
https://zcggba10773.ting.com/ <<<<Free Month Service With Ting

motumbo
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Coming from N3, probably my last Samsung because knox crap. I bought this phone through eBay at&t version, unlocked it, rooted it and using it in Latin America with no problems 3g-4g, just missing Wi-Fi hotspot but I could live with it. I'm really surprised with this, it is my first lg phone and if I was told it would be that nice I haven't believed it. Loving the UI, phone is the snappiest I've seen so far, it is cute, unique and the screen is really good I'm not missing any Samsung s4 crap and htc one device I had last year. What is coming next from lg? I'm gonna buy it.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

XtraWho
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dd0g View Post
I have nexus 5,lg g2,note3 and flex. What you guys think is my favorite? Of course flex.

Gesendet von meinem LG-F340K mit Tapatalk
Of course it is who doesn't love a FREE phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk