XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Master accessories list for galaxy note pro 12.2

Tip us?

rxnplc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnplc View Post
Logitech site shows available now..I preordered Feb 14 and called today for ETA as I paid for Expedited Shipping but was told its in process and eta not available though Best Buy in my area has them in stock...Could not cancel ... Wont order from Logitech again....

Received email from Logitech saying Item delivery is Fri 03/07/04...Yeah...Gonna return my Zagg BT KB as it seems like Tab Pro support is not sturdy

omegafiler
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnplc View Post
Logitech site shows available now..I preordered Feb 14 and called today for ETA as I paid for Expedited Shipping but was told its in process and eta not available though Best Buy in my area has them in stock...Could not cancel ... Wont order from Logitech again....
Yeah, that was my concern when I was considering pre-ordering from Logitech. Doesn't seem like they've caught up to the whole selling stuff on the internet thing.

But regarding the Logitech keyboard... I actually just returned mine to Best Buy. I liked everything about it, except for one big issue with the keys. There is a FN+Space shortcut that enables the language selection. In this case, it just flashes up "English (US)." Except it does the same thing when you press Shift+Space. So as I'm typing along, rather quickly, it keeps missing spaces all over the place.

I thought I could get used to it, but it wasn't happening. After hearing from another owner that they noticed the same thing, I decided against an exchange. Although it does seem that it may not directly effect everybody as it will likely vary depending on how you type, and how fast. I type about 90 wpm error-free. But I even tried slowing down... just wasn't happening.

Otherwise the keyboard case was pretty solid. Keys had nice feedback and travel, tablet was safe and secure, easy to take in and out, lots of Android shortcut keys, etc. The nylon-like material on the outside was a little odd, as it became slippery at times. This combined with a magnetic clasp meant you really have to carry it so the opening faces your hand. If you held it the other way around, it moved around too much.

Minor stuff, but the keyboard thing killed it. Which is unfortunate as I kind of bought the tablet with the expectation that I'd get a keyboard case to bring functionality up to near an ultrabook. Then I could have a light tablet when I want to mess around and a keyboard dock when I want to be productive. Now I have to choices to make... keep the tablet and hope for a better keyboard. Or return and spend more for an ultrabook.

ExtremeRyno
Old
Thanks Meter 83
I have the old Logitech Android keyboard made for Honey Comb. It's not in a case, but it works like a charm. The "stand" isn't really sturdy enough to put a tablet on, but most of us have/will have cases that prop the 12.2 up in a useable position. I've been using this keyboard with the 12.2 and my M.O.J.O. Really a well made keyboard, and I've never had issues with lost keypresses due to shift-space in quick succession.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-0.../dp/B0054L8N7M
NookColor CM7.2
Acer Iconia A700 CM11
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Stock (for now...)
MadCatz M.O.J.O.
HTC One X Team Venom ViperXL

Flashing the A700 - A Guide

omegafiler
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRyno View Post
I have the old Logitech Android keyboard made for Honey Comb. It's not in a case, but it works like a charm. The "stand" isn't really sturdy enough to put a tablet on, but most of us have/will have cases that prop the 12.2 up in a useable position. I've been using this keyboard with the 12.2 and my M.O.J.O. Really a well made keyboard, and I've never had issues with lost keypresses due to shift-space in quick succession.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-0.../dp/B0054L8N7M
That actually looks quite different than the Pro keyboard. Also, this new one actually added a FN to the Space Bar. Perhaps they'll release a fix for it or something...

KestrelX
Old
(Last edited by KestrelX; 7th March 2014 at 03:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 89
That's a bummer about the shift-space problem. I wonder if there's any way to disable the short cut. Maybe an xposed module? I'll have to go looking around. Ordered two of those keyboards for me and hubby. Due in on Tuesday :/

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

So... try this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...keyboardhelper

I have the logitech keyboard that ExtremeRyno linked above. I was able to replicate the problem with Shift-Space. After installing External Keyboard Helper, I no longer have the problem Fingers crossed that it helps with the new logitech keyboard!
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Safestrap, Dynamic Kat)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (stock, rooted)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (stock, rooted)

davidson27
Old
Thanks Meter 0
looking for this case

VSTNŽSamsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case - DETACHABLE Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Case / Cover, only fit Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet

have a just ordered a MOGA pro

POWER A MOGA Pro Mobile Gaming System for Android Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Black

also looking for a SmartDock type thing so I can hook up the external drive and HDMI out (would it work with my logitech usb speakers I wonder?)

anyone know if theres a wireless way to mirror the screen onto a monitor?

hendav
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by KestrelX View Post
That's a bummer about the shift-space problem. I wonder if there's any way to disable the short cut. Maybe an xposed module? I'll have to go looking around. Ordered two of those keyboards for me and hubby. Due in on Tuesday :/

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

So... try this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...keyboardhelper

I have the logitech keyboard that ExtremeRyno linked above. I was able to replicate the problem with Shift-Space. After installing External Keyboard Helper, I no longer have the problem Fingers crossed that it helps with the new logitech keyboard!
What did you do to eliminate the shift space bar problem? thanks

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

KestrelX
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendav View Post
What did you do to eliminate the shift space bar problem? thanks

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Just installed the app. Turn it on in Settings, Language and Input. It automatically recognizes when an external keyboard is connected and switches the keyboard to external keyboard keyboard. If it doesn't, for some reason, automatically detect it, you can switch to it with the input selector from the notifications pull down. When that keyboard is active, the shift space shortcut appears to be disabled.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Safestrap, Dynamic Kat)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (stock, rooted)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (stock, rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to KestrelX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 238
I just verified that a USB 3 -> Gigabit adapter does not work. A standard Apple USB to Ethernet adapter does work fine.

This is the USB 3 dongle I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the Apple USB-> Ethernet cable (which I had)

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MC704ZM-...hernet+adapter

This USB3-> Gig Ethernet, does not work on the 12.2 (Works fine on my Surface Pro)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128

clodhoppers18
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidson27 View Post
looking for this case
also looking for a SmartDock type thing so I can hook up the external drive and HDMI out (would it work with my logitech usb speakers I wonder?)
Did you find a nice dock type of thing for this? I'd love to make it my alarm clock and have it just perched on the nightstand