Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] Back to Verizon

OP roghitmanx47

7th March 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

86 posts
I was recently informed that I might be able to get into the Edge Program with Verizon and have run into a dilemma. I am obviously rooted and cannot return my phone to my phone as is but if I am accepted into the program I will most likely have to trade my S3 in for whatever other phone I want. I have found other topics but haven't really gotten an updated answer. I need to flash my phone back to stock so I can potentially return it but all of these other rest guides don't tell me how to get the 4.3 update that the GS3 officially comes with if you were to buy it today from Verizon. Any help here?
7th March 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 767

1,520 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roghitmanx47

I was recently informed that I might be able to get into the Edge Program with Verizon and have run into a dilemma. I am obviously rooted and cannot return my phone to my phone as is but if I am accepted into the program I will most likely have to trade my S3 in for whatever other phone I want. I have found other topics but haven't really gotten an updated answer. I need to flash my phone back to stock so I can potentially return it but all of these other rest guides don't tell me how to get the 4.3 update that the GS3 officially comes with if you were to buy it today from Verizon. Any help here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586319

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
7th March 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586319

But what if I am ineligible for the Edge and want to return back to root? This is telling me my bootloader will then be locked forever.
7th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #4  

1,520 posts
Quote:

But what if I am ineligible for the Edge and want to return back to root? This is telling me my bootloader will then be locked forever.

You asked how to get to 4.3 as of it were Ota'd by Verizon, that's the 4.3 update.

You can reroot but you can't unlock the bootloader, you should make sure you're eligible first before you flash that.

7th March 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

You asked how to get to 4.3 as of it were Ota'd by Verizon, that's the 4.3 update.

You can reroot but you can't unlock the bootloader, you should make sure you're eligible first before you flash that.

Ok sounds good, thank you! Another quick question though, is there even a point to re-rooting but having a locked bootloader? Or is rooting again useless after that?
7th March 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #6  

1,520 posts
Quote:

Ok sounds good, thank you! Another quick question though, is there even a point to re-rooting but having a locked bootloader? Or is rooting again useless after that?

You still have options, If you want to know everything about the update and what you can do with it Check out the sticky in the development section.

7th March 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

86 posts
Ok! Thank you very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to roghitmanx47 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread