[Q] [WHATSAPP] Unable to recover message history: Corrupt Database
Whatsapp problem! I want to copy my chat history from my Samsung Galaxy S1 (2.3.6) to my new Nexus 5 (4.4.2).
I copied my entire Whatsapp folder to my Nexus 5 (/sdcard/Whatsapp/) and then installed Whatsapp. It asked me if I would like to recover my history chat messages. After clicking yes it started recovering but after 10-20 seconds it shuts down and an error message comes forward saying that Whatsapp had stopped working. I tried it multiple times.
When looking in my System Log file it says that it has something to do with SQLite. These are some lines in the Log file concerning Whatsapp:
- "E/DefaultDatabaseErrorHandler (3784): Corruption reported by sqlite on database: /data/data/com.whatsapp/databasesmsgstore.db"
- "E/AndroidRuntime (3784): java.lang.AssertionError: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabaseCorruptExcep tion: Database disk image is malformed (code 11), SQLiteConnection.java,-2"
- "E/SQLiteLog (3784): (14) cannot open file at line 30191 of [00bb9c9ce4]"
- "E/SQLiteDatabase (3784): Failed to open database '/data/data/com.whatsapp/databases/msgstore.db' "
- "E/SQLiteDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database"
- "I/sqlite_db_corrupt (3784): /data/data.com.whatsapp/databases/msgstore.db"
Can someone tell me how to fix this problem or how to find what the error causes in my database file?
NOTE: I added screenshots of System Log
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S1
Firmware: 2.3.6 Value Pack
Kernel: 184.108.40.206-I9000XXJW4-CL1043937 se.infra@SEP-62 #2