Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ODIN ROOTing METHOD

Tip us?
 
jayinc11
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 224
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas! Republic-Borders US to North and Mexico to south
Default ODIN ROOTing METHOD

I am very comfortable rooting a Galaxy Note i717 via odin. Reading through captivate method I am not following it too well and I am not confident that I can do it without bricking the phone. I am wondering if the odin method for i717 is confirmed to work on this phone as well? It's stock 2.3.5
 
BWolf56
Old
#2  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1682
Posts: 3,807
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outaouais

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayinc11 View Post
I am very comfortable rooting a Galaxy Note i717 via odin. Reading through captivate method I am not following it too well and I am not confident that I can do it without bricking the phone. I am wondering if the odin method for i717 is confirmed to work on this phone as well? It's stock 2.3.5
You can't use another phone's file and/or method to root your cappy.

As for rooting, the easiest method is to flash a pre-rooted kernel (speedmod for 2.2 and Corn for 2.3). They both can be flashed using Odin 1.08.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jayinc11
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 224
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas! Republic-Borders US to North and Mexico to south
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWolf56 View Post
You can't use another phone's file and/or method to root your cappy.

As for rooting, the easiest method is to flash a pre-rooted kernel (speedmod for 2.2 and Corn for 2.3). They both can be flashed using Odin 1.08.

Phone is now rooted but it still has Android System Recov. <3>. Can I flash the latest CWM via ODIN?
I rooted via this guide here
 
BWolf56
Old
#4  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1682
Posts: 3,807
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outaouais

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayinc11 View Post
Phone is now rooted but it still has Android System Recov. <3>. Can I flash the latest CWM via ODIN?
I rooted via this guide here
Refer to my previous post where I said to flash Corn kernel. That will install cwm for you. It can be flashed with Odin.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
The Following User Says Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes