5,596,354 Members 38,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint galaxy s4 no current service trying to unlock sim..possible?

Tip us?

shellmini
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Sprint galaxy s4 no current service trying to unlock sim..possible?

I have a Galaxy S4 through Sprint. It was a replacement phone to another phone but never technically activated. I rooted phone and put a straight talk sim in, says invalid sim. I have tried many apps, places to buy codes, no one can get this phone to work. Is it because it doesnt have prior service? (Didnt think that would matter) Or can someone please tell me how I can make this phone work? Thank you Btw I now have no active working phone, but my number is on the straight talk sim in the galaxy phone. I desperately need it on. It was transferred earlier from another phone and now im in a pickle.

aktran9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellmini View Post
I have a Galaxy S4 through Sprint. It was a replacement phone to another phone but never technically activated. I rooted phone and put a straight talk sim in, says invalid sim. I have tried many apps, places to buy codes, no one can get this phone to work. Is it because it doesnt have prior service? (Didnt think that would matter) Or can someone please tell me how I can make this phone work? Thank you Btw I now have no active working phone, but my number is on the straight talk sim in the galaxy phone. I desperately need it on. It was transferred earlier from another phone and now im in a pickle.
I am having the same problem.
1. Are you on stock rom?
2. Are you on baseband MDC or MDL?
3. Did you perform the international sim unlock first?
4. After you have satisfied the first 3 requirements, try the domestic sim unlock thread.

firelizard
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellmini View Post
please answer the question