Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

Best Way to Reduce My Cell Bill?

6th March 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I got tmobile and pay $50 a month. I need to reduce my bill since I'm unemployed. What plan do you guys suggest I get that gives unlimited calls and text? I dont care about data since I use wifi. Someone said I should get Google Voice and have the number forwarded to my cell and just pay $30 a month. What do you think is best?
6th March 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #2  
sumonmolla's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaral

I got tmobile and pay $50 a month. I need to reduce my bill since I'm unemployed. What plan do you guys suggest I get that gives unlimited calls and text? I dont care about data since I use wifi. Someone said I should get Google Voice and have the number forwarded to my cell and just pay $30 a month. What do you think is best?

I think only for you.. it is only for you. you can use SKYPE for without call charge.. it is better for you. because you are unemployed man..
6th March 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumonmolla

I think only for you.. it is only for you. you can use SKYPE for without call charge.. it is better for you. because you are unemployed man..

Yeah but I still need to make real calls. I cant give people my skype number since it wouldnt be professional.
The Following User Says Thank You to omaral For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #4  
TheKrishna17's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 5
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
I would say your best bet would be google voice. I haven't used it since I've gotten my HTC One, but in my iPod Touch I was using an app called Talkatone. It allowed me to not only place calls over Wi-Fi but also recieve calls too. No carrier plan needed.

Sent from my Sonic Screwdriver running Viper One 5.5.0
7th March 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Check out republic wireless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
7th March 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #6  
sumonmolla's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaral

Yeah but I still need to make real calls. I cant give people my skype number since it wouldnt be professional.

What are you talk it ?

skype still make a cal anywhere. it may be cheap rate...
7th March 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #7  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumonmolla

What are you talk it ?

skype still make a cal anywhere. it may be cheap rate...

You dont understand what I'm saying.
8th March 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Straight Talk is good
You can get Straight Talk sim card online, works on AT&t's lines I believe. 1000 minutes and 1000 texts, I think it's 5 cents a minute after that limit and 5 cents per mb of data. Oh and it's $30.00 USD for a month. Just don't use any data. I think you can transfer your number, too. It's definitely the cheapest, besides t-mobile's own $30.00 USD a month for 100 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited 2G data with 5GB of 4G data. Very impressive but not many phone calls.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in General by ThreadRank