Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,599 Members 43,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile Note 3 and Att Straight Talk MMS working settings?

Tip us?

Mr Ian B
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Default Tmobile Note 3 and Att Straight Talk MMS working settings?

Anyone;

I am using my tmobile Note 3 with their $30 prepaid plan. I just got them to send me an unlocking code and the Note 3 is now unlocked. I have a new ATT straight talk SIM card but have not activated it since my renewal is on 3/21 with Tmobile. I will be testing their $45 plan to see if I get better signal and speed in my area, if not will go back to TMobile $30 plan.

Can someone who has the stock Samsung messaging app working with mms sending and receiving post their APN settings please.

As long as there is LTE in my Austin/Cedar Park/Georgetown area, it should show on my phone, correct? I am using their new SIM card.

Tia,

Ian B

Muffycheeks
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ian B View Post
Anyone;

I am using my tmobile Note 3 with their $30 prepaid plan. I just got them to send me an unlocking code and the Note 3 is now unlocked. I have a new ATT straight talk SIM card but have not activated it since my renewal is on 3/21 with Tmobile. I will be testing their $45 plan to see if I get better signal and speed in my area, if not will go back to TMobile $30 plan.

Can someone who has the stock Samsung messaging app working with mms sending and receiving post their APN settings please.

As long as there is LTE in my Austin/Cedar Park/Georgetown area, it should show on my phone, correct? I am using their new SIM card.

Tia,

Ian B

I did the very same thing that you're planning for the same reason. Out side of the city T-Mobile's signal is very weak so I couldn't stream music. So this was an option without being expensive.

NAME: StraightTalk/AT&T
APN: tfdata
PORT: 80
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS PROXY: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS PORT: 80
APN Type: default,mms,supl,agps,fota,dun,hipri,entitle

Then go to the home screen menu setting, more networks, mobile networks, network mode and change to LTE/WCDMA/GSM
Don't just say thanks.... HIT THANKS BUTTON.... if I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to Muffycheeks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr Ian B
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffycheeks View Post
I did the very same thing that you're planning for the same reason. Out side of the city T-Mobile's signal is very weak so I couldn't stream music. So this was an option without being expensive.

NAME: StraightTalk/AT&T
APN: tfdata
PORT: 80
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS PROXY: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS PORT: 80
APN Type: default,mms,supl,agps,fota,dun,hipri,entitle

Then go to the home screen menu setting, more networks, mobile networks, network mode and change to LTE/WCDMA/GSM
Thanks for info. Did a print screen to set up when I activate the SIM card. I am paying $30 for plan, $10 fourth week for more mins and $3.08 for Skype free wifi calling which all adds up to $43 bucks a month. The $45 ATT plan is about the same and I rarely go over 1gb of data a month.

Ian B

Mr Ian B
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Thanks everyone for your help. Activated the sim card today and added $45 plan. Getting excellent signal at my sister's where I could not with TMobile. Going to call back tomorrow to have the number ported over.

Ian B