Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

Recovery Wierdness - Can anyone offer ideas?

7th March 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #1  
vanberge's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
I'm running CM 11 nightlies, usually the latest.. I've been running CWM 6.0.4.4 for as long as I can remember after initially rooting/loki patching my phone.

Last week, Rom manager notified me that there was an update to CWM, 6.0.4.7. I thought "cool" - and I flashed it via Rom manager, which reported this was a success.

However, whenever I rebooted into recovery, I still had CWM 6.0.4.4. I tried again, fail. Decided to clean flash my next nightly and try again. Same thing. Could not get Rom manager to update.

I flashed over to Twrp using goo manager which worked fine. I used Twrp to flash over to Philz touch which worked fine.. anytime I use Rom manager now though, it seemingly does nothing even though it reports a success. For example, if I am on TWRP and use rom manager to flash the latest CWM, I'll be met with a success but a reboot into recovery leaves me still with TWRP and no CWM.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what's going on -- I know I've seen others at least in the CM forum post about Rom manager acting similarly, but I also hear reports that it works fine for others. Ultimately I just ended up making a 6.0.4.7 flashable zip of my own to upgrade but I'd rather get things figured out vs make a new flashable zip anytime an updated version of CWM comes out.
7th March 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #2  
FordNate's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 301
 
776 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanberge

I'm running CM 11 nightlies, usually the latest.. I've been running CWM 6.0.4.4 for as long as I can remember after initially rooting/loki patching my phone.

Last week, Rom manager notified me that there was an update to CWM, 6.0.4.7. I thought "cool" - and I flashed it via Rom manager, which reported this was a success.

However, whenever I rebooted into recovery, I still had CWM 6.0.4.4. I tried again, fail. Decided to clean flash my next nightly and try again. Same thing. Could not get Rom manager to update.

I flashed over to Twrp using goo manager which worked fine. I used Twrp to flash over to Philz touch which worked fine.. anytime I use Rom manager now though, it seemingly does nothing even though it reports a success. For example, if I am on TWRP and use rom manager to flash the latest CWM, I'll be met with a success but a reboot into recovery leaves me still with TWRP and no CWM.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what's going on -- I know I've seen others at least in the CM forum post about Rom manager acting similarly, but I also hear reports that it works fine for others. Ultimately I just ended up making a 6.0.4.7 flashable zip of my own to upgrade but I'd rather get things figured out vs make a new flashable zip anytime an updated version of CWM comes out.

get the latest cwm 6.4.7 zip and flash through philz recovery make sure to apply auto loki patching (i think thats already checked never hurts to make sure though) hit power options and reboot recovery. thats my thought and u should have on screen cwm 6.4.7
7th March 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #3  
vanberge's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordNate

get the latest cwm 6.4.7 zip and flash through philz recovery make sure to apply auto loki patching (i think thats already checked never hurts to make sure though) hit power options and reboot recovery. thats my thought and u should have on screen cwm 6.4.7

Where do you get the 6.0.4.7 zip? I've only been able to find the .img file on the rom manager/cwm website...
7th March 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #4  
FordNate's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 301
 
776 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Going back to my htc days n adb using it was fastboot flash flash {recovery name}.img. maybe using something like flashimgui or flashify.. just thoughts of course other than that u would need to convert to a zip file
The Following User Says Thank You to FordNate For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #5  
vanberge's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordNate

Going back to my htc days n adb using it was fastboot flash flash {recovery name}.img. maybe using something like flashimgui or flashify.. just thoughts of course other than that u would need to convert to a zip file

Nice! Flashify does it beautifully. CWM touch even. I cannot believe I'm just now trying this app!
8th March 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #6  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,387
 
3,238 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
What's been improved between 6.0.4.4 & 6.04.7?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th March 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #7  
vanberge's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

What's been improved between 6.0.4.4 & 6.04.7?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nothing immediately apparent, I'm just OCD about running the latest/greatest.

The Following User Says Thank You to vanberge For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank