[APP] DLNA by Huawei (SmartShare Alternative)
DLNAŽ by HuaweiŽ
This is one great alternative app that you might want to look into. I was looking for a ported version of LG's SmartShare app because I have a DLNA TV which I rendered more or less useless without the SmartShare app which is not working on custom roms (CM, AOKP, SlimRom and so on). I have tried BubbleUpnP, iMediaShare and some other app which was either laggy or you had to buy the pro version to enjoy listening to more than 5 songs(yep, for me those are both of those aforementioned). So I was digging and found this beauty. A standalone Stock app by Huawei which did the job great and maybe even better.
- Standard DLNA sharing of Videos, Music and Photos
- Connecting to your PC and playing shared media files FROM it on your TV/Phone
- Downloading shared files/transfering from PC or other device connected and sharing
- Maybe a little tricky to set up
- Music isn't shuffled, photos probably either
Grab it and enjoy. Worked for me on CM10, CM10.2, SlimBean 4.3 and CM11. All credits go to the original porter, TeamAndroid, and to Huawei, of course.
"Many came and many left."
Device: LG Optimus 2X
Rom: Experimenting, but mostly Optix or TonyP's magic ROMs
LG GT540 Optimus
Apple iPhone 3G
LG Optimus 7
SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro