FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

T-Mobile new plan. No more unlimited data on mobile

498 posts
Thanks Meter: 68
 
By ad78, Senior Member on 8th March 2014, 03:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just spotted this and I'm not clear when they will deploy

I have 50+20 this is unlimited on mobile and 2.5gb mobile hotspot.

Now the new plan is 50+30 unlimited on mobile and 5gb mobile hotspot.

If you retain your current, your unlimited on mobile will cut to 5gb and they will bump your 2.5 to 5gb.

I'm not sure if we retain the unlimited since this is an old plan... (granfathered) I hate to add $10 more. I really don't care about mobile hotspot on getting doubled... we all know the workaround here..





Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
8th March 2014, 04:10 AM |#2  
Kidromulous's Avatar
Senior Member
Durham N.C.
Thanks Meter: 298
 
More
You and all current 70 tier customers will be grandfathered .

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
8th March 2014, 06:00 AM |#3  
explodingboy70's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Southwest Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,576
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidromulous

You and all current 70 tier customers will be grandfathered .

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Not exactly. I saw this coming back in December. They are leaving our plan the same and adding an additional $10 fee.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th March 2014, 06:30 AM |#4  
Towle's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,880
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingboy70

Not exactly. I saw this coming back in December. They are leaving our plan the same and adding an additional $10 fee.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is quoted directly from their press release:

Quote:

Now, if you're an existing $70 unlimited customer, you don't get automatically switched to the new plan. You can opt in to pay the extra $10 per month, but only if you want to.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Towle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 07:29 AM |#5  
Kidromulous's Avatar
Senior Member
Durham N.C.
Thanks Meter: 298
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingboy70

Not exactly. I saw this coming back in December. They are leaving our plan the same and adding an additional $10 fee.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

For those currently on the $70 truly unlimited plan: "Customers currently with unlimited 4G LTE data will continue to get unlimited 4G LTE data with no change in price, or they can opt for the new unlimited 4G LTE option with twice the tethering.

So you're incorrect

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
8th March 2014, 02:00 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 500
 
More
Im virtually always near a wifi spot, so I dont use much data except for pandora driving to and from work. I would use about 750 megs a month, so Im paying for the 2.5gb plan. Now the free 500mb has doubled to 1gb, so win for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to stevessvt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 02:29 PM |#7  
Muffycheeks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidromulous

For those currently on the $70 truly unlimited plan: "Customers currently with unlimited 4G LTE data will continue to get unlimited 4G LTE data with no change in price, or they can opt for the new unlimited 4G LTE option with twice the tethering.

So you're incorrect

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk


This is just the first step of many to come. T-Mobile is well aware of the excessive data that's being used and the overall expense of this promotion. Sooo....they want they're money back! Customers on the "NEW" plans will pay for others high data use. Also T-Mobile will find other ways to increase consumer cost as time and tolerance permits. The new plans start March 23, 2014.
The Following User Says Thank You to Muffycheeks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 03:09 PM |#8  
Kidromulous's Avatar
Senior Member
Durham N.C.
Thanks Meter: 298
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffycheeks

This is just the first step of many to come. T-Mobile is well aware of the excessive data that's being used and the overall expense of this promotion. Sooo....they want they're money back! Customers on the "NEW" plans will pay for others high data use. Also T-Mobile will find other ways to increase consumer cost as time and tolerance permits. The new plans start March 23, 2014.

Accept they actually increased data allowances and tethering for virtually every one of their customers. Cool story.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Kidromulous For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 03:20 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 557
 
More
Deleted.
8th March 2014, 03:32 PM |#10  
Limeybastard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 89
 
More
I am not sure I understand this, all I notice is for an additional 10 dollar you get more high speed data and the option to text internationally.



I currently have three lines on Simple Choice plan. So my main shared plan is $80

Two lines have unlimited high speed data one of them lines has the 15 dollar stateside talk and text pack

Third line has the basic 500 meg high speed.



I am currently happy with this setup, I do not see the need to pay an extra 10 per month to increase my tethering and double the third line high speed amount.



Pretty confused!
The Following User Says Thank You to Limeybastard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes