Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 50,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to install Cyanogenmod

Tip us?

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSavvy2 View Post

My Note 3 Dev Edition did NOT say Dev Edition on the battery cover either..... don't know that anyone's does... Only says it on the box, and in download mode info.
FWIW: Mine says "Developer Edition" under the battery. For the life of me, I don't understand why they decided to put it there....

mdorrett
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLD_007 View Post
I'm sorry, what is this? Do I flash this? The file not dropbox.. I know what dropbox is.

Thank you for the help. I am just very pissed off at Verizon. I want to use my phone the way I want to. I jailbroke my iPhones because I want freedom. I went to android for the reason that it was open and free. I am pissed that Verizon has it locked down tight.
Its the working APK for Google wallet. All you need to do is DL and install like any other app

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TechSavvy2
Old
Thanks Meter 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdorrett View Post
Its the working APK for Google wallet. All you need to do is DL and install like any other app

You said yours is working on CM though right? I believe there is no way to make Google Wallet work on retail without root/xposed modules etc etc. Unless something changed since last I checked...

djflipnautikz
Old
(Last edited by djflipnautikz; 8th March 2014 at 01:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLD_007 View Post
Hello,

I just got my Verizon Note 3 a few weeks ago. I am trying to install Cyanogenmod and I'm having problems.

I rooted my phone and I currently have Android version 4.3 and my build number is MJE.

When I go to flash a new recovery so I can get into the bootloader my phone resets and I get this message "System software not authorized by Verizon wireless has been found on your phone. please go to the nearest Verizon wireless store for help"

What can I do? I have tried this several times. I am pissed because I own my phone/compute "my phone is a computer" and I want to do what ever I want with it. The whole point why I jumped from the iPhone was I wanted the freedom of doing what ever I want with my android device.

Help please,

Thanks!

First off, just to let you know. You have Tripped KNOX, so you officially dont have warranty with verizon.

Now with that out of the way i will help you out with what you are asking for: Obtain root & Install Custom Rom minus bloatware

1. Uninstall all Samsung Drivers and Kies.
2. Uninstall Kingo Android Root.
3. go here and download both files.
4. Install Samsung Drivers 1.5.33
5. Install Kingo Android Root v1.1.6
6. Use Supplied USB cable in a 2.0 Usb Slot.
7. Obtain Root.

Once you have obtained Root, continue to install Chainfire SuperSU ( or google PLay) and Safestrap.

Follow the instructions in the link to Safestrap to install it, download approved 4.3 roms for the VZW Note 3 and load to sd card.

Once SS is installed and have roms to flash in your sd card, reboot and SS will ask if you want to continue or boot to Recovery.

Boot to recovery, select boot, activate a virtual rom slot, and install your roms. Once you have a rom you like use this to install on your stock slot space, for more space.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2521899

This is the link that explains everything i did. Minues the information of the Previous Kingo Version 1.1.6

You can not install CM, it has to be a rom based off the MJE build for now.

Hope this helps you out, as it is what i did and am using the Jellybeans rom and am LOVING IT!

Good Luck!
Black Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note III
Jellybeans Rom 4.3

White Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
Stock Rom 4.3

How I Obtained Root with Verizon Note III and MJE Build
Files Used

mdorrett
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSavvy2 View Post
You said yours is working on CM though right? I believe there is no way to make Google Wallet work on retail without root/xposed modules etc etc. Unless something changed since last I checked...
No not on CM only stocked rooted and Wallet has always worked for me without any issues. Try installing that APK and see if it works for you.