[Q] Why can't I get radio to work on 4.4?

OP foxtrotftw

8th March 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
I've been on CM 4.2 for ages, finally decided to make the jump a 4.4 ROM. I decided to try slickricks PA 4.4 Build, which seemed stable enough.

Got it all installed, boots fine, but I have no radio. Zero service. I've tried flashing every radio that RWilco has on his site (Through CWM and Odin), as well as the MK4 modem from here.

I also tried loading a backup of Stock TW (where mobile radio works fine) and doing a PRL / Profile update, but that didn't do anything.

I've just run out of things to try. If anybody has any suggestions, please share. Thanks in advance.
8th March 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,196

4,938 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can not flash 4.4 using twrp. Try using philz recovery 6.07.9 while any version of philz will flash 4.4 only 6.07.9 will flash all android version.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso

You can not flash 4.4 using twrp. Try using philz recovery 6.07.9 while any version of philz will flash 4.4 only 6.07.9 will flash all android version.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

There it is. I never would have suspected this. Things are working great now. Thanks so much!
8th March 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,196

4,938 posts
Donate to Me
More
No problem. Just so you know philz will also restore you twrp backups. When you are in the backup restore menu select options or advanced and select twrp format. It works without causing any issues so you wont need to flash between the two.

Also twrp states that their unreleased version 2.7 will handle 4.4 but dont know when it will be available.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread