Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why can't I get radio to work on 4.4?

Tip us?

foxtrotftw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Why can't I get radio to work on 4.4?

I've been on CM 4.2 for ages, finally decided to make the jump a 4.4 ROM. I decided to try slickricks PA 4.4 Build, which seemed stable enough.

Got it all installed, boots fine, but I have no radio. Zero service. I've tried flashing every radio that RWilco has on his site (Through CWM and Odin), as well as the MK4 modem from here.

I also tried loading a backup of Stock TW (where mobile radio works fine) and doing a PRL / Profile update, but that didn't do anything.

I've just run out of things to try. If anybody has any suggestions, please share. Thanks in advance.

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 3999

DONATE TO ME
You can not flash 4.4 using twrp. Try using philz recovery 6.07.9 while any version of philz will flash 4.4 only 6.07.9 will flash all android version.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

foxtrotftw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
You can not flash 4.4 using twrp. Try using philz recovery 6.07.9 while any version of philz will flash 4.4 only 6.07.9 will flash all android version.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
There it is. I never would have suspected this. Things are working great now. Thanks so much!

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 3999

DONATE TO ME
No problem. Just so you know philz will also restore you twrp backups. When you are in the backup restore menu select options or advanced and select twrp format. It works without causing any issues so you wont need to flash between the two.

Also twrp states that their unreleased version 2.7 will handle 4.4 but dont know when it will be available.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet