[HOW-TO] Multiple accounts Lenovo Yoga 10
The Lenovo Yoga 10 has multiple accounts settings locked. I wanted it enabled, so we can share tablet with my wife more easily. I've tried this steps also on Lenovo S6000L, but without success. I've ended in the loop with something like First time setup wizard. However, I am not sure if a I didn't miss any of these steps. So if you need it no S6000, it's worth trying.
1. rooted tablet with Kingo Android ROOT through ADB
2. installed Clockworkmod recovery
Enabling multiple Accounts:
1. Installed SwitchMe app, from play store.
2. Created „User2“ in SwitchMe, logged in as User2 and then back to the first user, let's say „User1“
3. Use adb to access shell
Enable let's say 5 users.
setprop fw.max_users 5
This is sufficient, but will stop working after restart. To make it stick after restart user this:
mount -o rw,remount /system
echo "fw.max_users=5" >> /system/build.prop
4. I've rebooted the device.
5. Create new user in Settings >Users>Add User with the same name as in SwitchApp
6. Setup new User
7. Delete „User2“ in SwitchMe and delete SwitchMe
1. static wallpapers don't work except User1 account. For now I'm good with it. We use live wallpaper in the second account.
1. I am not sure, if steps with SwitchMe app are necessary. I've experimented also on Lenovo S6000L, which is practicaly the same tablet and ended in the loop with first time wizard. However I might have missed some steps with SwitchMe or changed the order of steps. Really can't remember.
It would be worth to try it without SwitchMe. I don't know what precissely it does to your system.
2. Everything else works perfectly. Switching users is stable and fast.