Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,518 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google SpreadSheet and Android

Tip us?

Adis11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Google SpreadSheet and Android

Hello everyone,

I just joined and I am not sure if this is the correct section to ask this. If its not I really apologize

I created a Google App Script that generates a form with check boxes and text-boxes for our monthly equipment checks. A technician would walk around and check off any damaged equipment that we have. This data is recorded in a Google drive spreadsheet which then generates a report.

I would like to create an App which basically does the same thing. But I am not sure where to start. I tried researching the Google APIs but it is way beyond me.

My question is has anyone attempted or done something similar in the past and if so how easy is it to manage? I would host a simple database on our network for this but there is no way that our systems department would grant us the permissions.

Also are there (free) different or easier alternatives out there. My data would be True or False or Yes or No answers also text-boxes would store around 50-100 characters a very basic description of the problem.

I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

sak-venom1997
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
You should probably have a look at the GData api for java its simple fast and free
I am currently working on a project using this
I will be right here for any assistance

Sent from my GT-S5302 using Tapatalk 2