5,600,664 Members 35,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Christopher83: Customized kernel 3.4.x for JB 4.3 rom (CM 10.2 and derivatives) with ION memory allocations

[KERNEL][3.4.82][JB][ION] K^Kernel 3.4.82 v1.3 for JB 4.3 ION+PMEM ADSP [04/03/2014]

Tip us?

ze7zez
Old
Thanks Meter 46
For rules will install and check. Thank you and I wish you continued satisfactory work on the development of kernels.
The Following User Says Thank You to ze7zez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Christopher83
Old
(Last edited by Christopher83; 19th February 2014 at 11:04 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7420

DONATE TO ME
Default K^Kernel 3.4.80 v1.2 for JB 4.3 ION+PMEM ADSP

Hi guys,
I released the new K^Kernel v1.2 builds, ready to be used with the new ADC CM 10.2 Release 4.

Changelog:
Code:
- Kernel 3.4.80
- Sources synched with cm-10.2_ion_pmem_adsp repo branches of DevCon Team
- Built with my latest custom Linaro 4.8.3-2014.02 toolchain optimized for Cortex-A8
- misc: bln: Turn off touch-keys after the completion of a notification (credits to Christopher83)
- msm: camera: Set correct mount angle for S5KA3DFX front camera (credits to Christopher83)
- block: bfq: Squashed update from v6r2 to v7 (credits to arco68)
- cpufreq: Fix policy getting stuck when user & kernel min/max don't overlap (credits to Saravana Kannan)
- arm: if there's no handler we need to restore sigmask, syscall or no syscall (credits to Al Viro)
- arm: new way of handling ERESTART_RESTARTBLOCK (credits to Al Viro)
- driver core: fix possible missing of device probe (credits to Sagar Dharia)
- mach-msm:bus_config:fix possible missing error check (credits to Swetha Chikkaboraiah)
- diag: Reduce error message frequency (credits to Katish Paran)
- Rotator getting stuck leading to fence timeout (credits to Justin Philip)
- block: add a flag to identify PM request (credits to Lin Ming)
- block: add runtime pm helpers (credits to Lin Ming)
- block: implement runtime pm strategy (credits to Lin Ming)
- blkpm: avoid sleep when holding queue lock (credits to Aaron Lu)
- block: allow REQ_PM requests even when the device is suspended (credits to Sujit Reddy Thumma)
- block: do not notify urgent request, when flush with data in flight (credits to Konstantin Dorfman)
- Bluetooth: Replace sprintf with snprintf (credits to Juffin Alex Varghese)
- msm_serial_hs: Discard Clock On/Off request after Port Close (credits to Dilip Kota)
- block: bfq: Squashed update from v7 to v7r1 (credits to arco68)
- cpufreq: interactive: fix compiling warnings (credits to Chih-Wei Huang)
- cpufreq: interactive: Allow 1 ms error in above_hispeed_delay comparisons (credits to Rohit Gupta)
- cpufreq: interactive: Reset floor_validate_time if busy at max for 100ms (credits to Rohit Gupta)
- cpufreq: interactive: Add a sampling_down_factor for max frequencies (credits to Rohit Gupta)
- cpufreq: interactive: Remove trace event from idle_start handler (credits to Rohit Gupta)
- cpuidle: make a single register function for all (credits to Daniel Lezcano)
- debug-pagealloc: Panic on pagealloc corruption (credits to Subbaraman Narayanamurthy)
- ext4: speed up truncate/unlink by not using bforget() unless needed (credits to Andrey Sidorov)
- jbd2: optimize jbd2_journal_force_commit (credits to mrg666)
- mm: methods for teaching filesystems about PG_swapcache pages (credits to Mel Gorman)
- msm: kgsl: Fix mem leak when page allocation fails (credits to Hareesh Gundu)
- msm: kgsl: Change an overflow check to be "smart" compiler proof (credits to Jordan Crouse)
- msm: kgsl: Fix overflow check in mmap_range_valid (credits to Jordan Crouse)
- msm: vidc: enable pic_order_cnt_type for H264 encoding (credits to srikarri)
- ping: prevent NULL pointer dereference on write to msg_name (credits to Hannes Frederic Sowa)
- SELinux: Fix kernel BUG on empty security contexts. (credits to Stephen Smalley)
- sync: Fix a race condition between release_obj and print_obj (credits to Alistair Strachan)
- tcp: add a sysctl to config the tcp_default_init_rwnd (credits to JP Abgrall)
- uio: msm_shared: Add support for platform data (credits to Pratibhasagar V)
- writeback: fix race that cause writeback hung (credits to Junxiao Bi)
- crypto: Several updates and fixes to crypto drivers (credits to CAF Team)
- msm: kgsl: Add an input handler to power up the GPU on a  touch event (credits to Tk-Glitch)
- ARM: be strict about FP exceptions in kernel mode (credits to mrg666)
- ARM: add support for kernel mode NEON (credits to mrg666)
- ARM: crypto: add NEON accelerated XOR implementation (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
- ARM: 7835/2: fix modular build of xor_blocks() with NEON enabled (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
- ARM: move VFP init to an earlier boot stage (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
- ARM: Perform the creation of procfs node for VFP later (credits to Christopher83)
- ARM: only allow kernel mode neon with AEABI This prevents the linker erroring with: (credits to Russell King)
- ARM: 7626/1: arm/crypto: Make asm SHA-1 and AES code Thumb-2 compatible (credits to Dave Martin)
- ARM: 7723/1: crypto: sha1-armv4-large.S: fix SP handling (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
- ARM: 7837/3: fix Thumb-2 bug in AES assembler code (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
- crypto: create generic version of ablk_helper (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
- ARM: pull in  from asm-generic (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
- ARM: move AES typedefs and function prototypes to separate header (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
- ARM: add support for bit sliced AES using NEON instructions (credits to Ard Biesheuvel)
- ARM: add .gitignore entry for aesbs-core.S (credits to Russell King)
- CRYPTO: Fix more AES build errors (credits to Russell King)
- workqueues: Introduce new flag WQ_POWER_EFFICIENT for power oriented workqueues (credits to Viresh Kumar)
- workqueue: Add system wide power_efficient workqueues (credits to Viresh Kumar)
- block: queue work on power efficient wq (credits to Viresh Kumar)
- xsched: Optimize build_sched_domains() for saving first SD node for a cpu (credits to Viresh Kumar)
- PHYLIB: queue work on system_power_efficient_wq (credits to Viresh Kumar)
- ASoC: pcm: Use the power efficient workqueue for delayed powerdown (credits to Mark Brown)
- ASoC: jack: Use power efficient workqueue (credits to Luis Cruz)
- regulator: core: Use the power efficient workqueue for delayed powerdown (credits to Luis Cruz)
- ASM: word-at-a-time: make the interfaces truly generic  (credits to Chad Goodman and poondog)
- LIB: use generic strnlen_user and strncpy_from_user functions (credits to Chad Goodman and poondog)
- ARM: dcache: select DCACHE_WORD_ACCESS for little-endian ARMv6+ CPUs (credits to Chad Goodman and poondog)
- ARM: 7927/1: dcache: select DCACHE_WORD_ACCESS for big-endian CPUs (credits to Will Deacon)
- sched: Add sysinterface for GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS (credits to Tk-Glitch)
- sched: Consider max cost of idle balance per sched domain (credits to Paul Reioux)
- sched: Periodically decay max cost of idle balance (credits to Paul Reioux)
- cpufreq: Optimize cpufreq_frequency_table_verify() (credits to Viresh Kumar)
- msm: camera: Don't set a flip for S5KA3DFX front camera on Ariesve (credits to Christopher83)
- mach-msm: Revised VIDC memory reservation to fix video re-encoding issues (credits to Christopher83)
- Update default and custom defconfigs (credits to Christopher83)
Note:
Due to the revision of VIDC memory reservation to fix video re-encoding issues (like the kernel panics during video conversion process before sending a video with WhatsApp), new memory configuration is 348MB of free ram instead of 352MB, like the stock kernel memory configuration.

Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001)
Rom: AriesVE DevConnection Team CM 11.0 [ION+PMEM ADSP]
Kernel: K^Kernel 3.4.x OC/EXUV 366MB [ION+PMEM ADSP]
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.3.0
Baseband: XXKPO
Governor: ONDEMAND
I/O Scheduler: SIO
CPU Frequencies: 245 - 1401 MHz

Kernel 3.4 ION+PMEM ADSP: K^Kernel 3.4.x for KK 4.4 - K^Kernel 3.4.x for JB 4.3 - K^Kernel 3.4.x for JB 4.2.2
Kernel 3.4 PMEM: K^Kernel 3.4.x for KK 4.4 - K^Kernel 3.4.x for JB 4.2.2 and JB 4.3
Kernel 3.0 PMEM: K^Kernel 3.0.x for JB 4.1.2 and JB 4.2.2 - K^Kernel 3.0.x for ICS
App: Phantom Key Presses Filter
Tools: Cross Compiler Toolchains (Linaro GCC 4.8, 4.7 and 4.6)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christopher83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hirishiolo
Old
Thanks Meter 13
memory configuration differences are in the FAQ of this thread:

[KERNEL][3.4.80][JB][ION] K^Kernel 3.4.80 v1.3 for JB 4.2.2 ION+PMEM ADSP

not this one
SAMSUNG GALAXY S PLUS (GT-i9001)
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.2 [ADC Team] - Release 4
KERNEL: K^Kernel 3.4.82 v1.3
GOVERNOR CPU: SmartassV2 (245 - 1401 MHz)
SCHEDULER I/O: Row
BASEBAND: I9001BUKP7
The Following User Says Thank You to Hirishiolo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Christopher83
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7420

DONATE TO ME
Phone K^Kernel 3.4 v1.3 for JB 4.3 ION+PMEM ADSP

Hi guys,
I released v1.3 builds of the kernel:
Code:
- Kernel 3.4.82
- Sources synched with cm-10.2_ion_pmem_adsp branch of DevCon Team
- Built with my latest custom Linaro 4.8.3-2014.02 toolchain optimized for Cortex-A8
- s6e63m0: added new brightness levels to decrease more the brightness (credits to CastagnaIT)
- fix false disconnect due to a signal sent to the reading process (credits to keunyoung)
- MDP: correct clock calculation logic for up-scaling scenario (credits to Nirmal Abraham)
- sync: don't block the flusher thread waiting on IO (credits to Dave Chinner)
- timer: optimize apply_slack() (credits to Felix Fietkau)
- writeback: fix writeback cache thrashing (credits to Namjae Jeon)
- block/partitions: optimize memory allocation in check_partition() (credits to Ming Lei)
- rtc: alarm: Add power-on alarm feature (credits to Ashay Jaiswal)
- rtc: alarm: Set power-on alarm 120 sec before actual alarm time (credits to Mohit Aggarwal)
- kernel: alarm: fix the BUG that device automatically powers on (credits to Figo Wang)
- kernel: alarm: add dedicated alarm type for poweroff alarm (credits to Figo Wang)
- kernel: alarm: Do not call rtc_alarm_irq_enable in IRQ Disabled context (credits to Prasad Sodagudi)
- power: add an API to log wakeup reasons (credits to Ruchi Kandoi)
- power: fix compile warnings in log_wakeup_reason (credits to Ruchi Kandoi)

Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001)
Rom: AriesVE DevConnection Team CM 11.0 [ION+PMEM ADSP]
Kernel: K^Kernel 3.4.x OC/EXUV 366MB [ION+PMEM ADSP]
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.3.0
Baseband: XXKPO
Governor: ONDEMAND
I/O Scheduler: SIO
CPU Frequencies: 245 - 1401 MHz

Kernel 3.4 ION+PMEM ADSP: K^Kernel 3.4.x for KK 4.4 - K^Kernel 3.4.x for JB 4.3 - K^Kernel 3.4.x for JB 4.2.2
Kernel 3.4 PMEM: K^Kernel 3.4.x for KK 4.4 - K^Kernel 3.4.x for JB 4.2.2 and JB 4.3
Kernel 3.0 PMEM: K^Kernel 3.0.x for JB 4.1.2 and JB 4.2.2 - K^Kernel 3.0.x for ICS
App: Phantom Key Presses Filter
Tools: Cross Compiler Toolchains (Linaro GCC 4.8, 4.7 and 4.6)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christopher83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Casanova
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Does this kernel support PAC ROM ?

I am asking this question because when I flashed this kernel , I faced bootloops.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2
YOU WANT A SIGNATURE,AVATAR,LOGO ETC. CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE.

magicw
Old
Thanks Meter 70
if you mean this version then: NO because no ION on that ROM

take one from there:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2144996

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2315721
currently mine: GT-I9001 SlimKat ION / LG L5 II E460 [rooted] Stock V10L
admin for: for GT-I8190 // CM10.1 Unofficial for GT-I9001 and GT-I8190
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magicw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Casanova
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicw View Post
if you mean this version then: NO because no ION on that ROM

take one from there:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2144996

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2315721
Both are not working

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2
YOU WANT A SIGNATURE,AVATAR,LOGO ETC. CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE.

Tags
cm 10.2, ion, kernel 3.4, linaro gcc