5,604,730 Members 33,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [Splitfus2] [Cygwin] How To install Cygwin/Splitfus2 To Split Stock Firmware

Tip us?

marcussmith2626
Old
(Last edited by marcussmith2626; 28th January 2014 at 12:48 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastword View Post
as per above procedure i was trying to install cygwin on my win7 pc but the installation was unsuccessfull. after downloading cygwin setup.exe and running & trying to connect through direct internet option then selecting mirror link, the download not started. i have tried several link given in setup installation windows also my internet connection are working properly. so is there any way to install this program without internet connection i mean to say just downloading on another pc & installing it in another. and also i want to ask u that is after installing cygwin setup i think there is window to select package so which are the package i should have to select. my main concern to ask this is, as you have suggested me in another thread make odin flashable rom package for my samsung galaxy y pro duos GT B5512 downlaoded from sammobile.com
please help us!
follow my instructions on the op for installing cygwin
you do not need internet to install cygwin
download the package from the link given in the op
run the setup
select install from a package folder on harddrive
select the package folder you have downloaded from the link given in the op (the same as the setup.exe)
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE PACKAGE FROM THE CYGWIN SETUP! INSTALL FROM HARDDRIVE!

also B5512 is not in the support list but B5510 is - I dont know if you can use B5510 firmware on B5512

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badagila
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
how to make my firmware supported by splitfus? do i need to a img file in the base folder?

HIT THE THANKS ICON IF YOU THINK I HELPED YOU

If you want to say thanks by donating me via paypal.., Feel Free!!!

Join us on FB: Samsung Galaxy Gio

marcussmith2626
Old
Thanks Meter 1736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by badagila View Post
how to make my firmware supported by splitfus? do i need to a img file in the base folder?
I wasnt the one who created it - it was doky but the img files in the base folder are the support models

what phone do you have - if its not on the support list the chances are your phone supports single file flashing and you can just put the single file firmware pack in pda and flash it

badagila
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post
I wasnt the one who created it - it was doky but the img files in the base folder are the support models

what phone do you have - if its not on the support list the chances are your phone supports single file flashing and you can just put the single file firmware pack in pda and flash it
samsung galaxy gio s5660

HIT THE THANKS ICON IF YOU THINK I HELPED YOU

If you want to say thanks by donating me via paypal.., Feel Free!!!

Join us on FB: Samsung Galaxy Gio

marcussmith2626
Old
Thanks Meter 1736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by badagila View Post
samsung galaxy gio s5660
your phone is not supported by splitfus2

your phone may support single file firmware flashing - download firmware from sammobile.com unzip and place in pda section

Else please refer to your own phones forum if it has one as I only support 5360

lastword
Old
(Last edited by lastword; 11th March 2014 at 04:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
i have successfully installed cygwin as per above instruction on my pc to make odin flashable firmware downloaaded from sammobile.com for my sgy pro duos gt b5512. but after running as per above procedure up to splitfus command line i am ok but when i am tryinng to enter following command in cygwin
./splitfus2.exe-B5512XWLG1_B5512ODDLG_INS

i get following message in cygwin
bash./ ./splitfus2.exe-B5512XWLG1_B5512ODDLG_INS no such file and directory

then myself i checked the command and make correction bu still i get following error

***error decoding filename

i am following all instruction given above but i think some thing little mistake that i dont know that i was doing so please guide me details.

marcussmith2626
Old
Thanks Meter 1736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i have successfully installed cygwin as per above instruction on my pc to make odin flashable firmware downloaaded from sammobile.com for my sgy pro duos gt b5512. but after running as per above procedure up to splitfus command line i am ok but when i am tryinng to enter following command in cygwin
./splitfus2.exe-B5512XWLG1_B5512ODDLG_INS

i get following message in cygwin
bash./ ./splitfus2.exe-B5512XWLG1_B5512ODDLG_INS no such file and directory

then myself i checked the command and make correction bu still i get following error

***error decoding filename

i am following all instruction given above but i think some thing little mistake that i dont know that i was doing so please guide me details.

Please read the 1st post B5512 is NOT on the support list

also if you type ls at the promp it will tell you where you are in the directory and what files are in that directory

also ./splitfus2.exe-B5512XWLG1_B5512ODDLG_INS is wrong it should be
./splitfus2.exe -w B5512XWLG1_B5512ODDLG_INS

as I said though B5512 is not on the support list so chance of it working unlikely

have you tried single file flashing? ie just putting the firmware you downloaded from sammobile into the pda section and flashing it?

I cant offer any other support as your device is not supported and this is the 5360 forum

lastword
Old
(Last edited by lastword; 11th March 2014 at 05:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post
Please read the 1st post B5512 is NOT on the support list

also if you type ls at the promp it will tell you where you are in the directory and what files are in that directory

also ./splitfus2.exe-B5512XWLG1_B5512ODDLG_INS is wrong it should be
./splitfus2.exe -w B5512XWLG1_B5512ODDLG_INS

as I said though B5512 is not on the support list so chance of it working unlikely

have you tried single file flashing? ie just putting the firmware you downloaded from sammobile into the pda section and flashing it?

I cant offer any other support as your device is not supported and this is the 5360 forum
i have tryied it to put single filr earlier but in that case in odin there is not able to select file option in pda other than .tar .md5 etc so how i can try to flash single file through odin sorry for asking in wrong thread buut there is no active thread for gt b5512 and for my bad english.and last i think there is no hope for my sgy pro duos gt b5512.

marcussmith2626
Old
Thanks Meter 1736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i have tryied it to put single filr earlier but in that case in odin there is not able to select file option in pda other than .tar .md5 etc so how i can try to flash single file through odin sorry for my bad english.
once you have downloaded the firmware from sammobile use winrar (or another unzipper) to unzip the firmware

you should have a file like the following
ModelofphoneXXXX1_ModelofphoneXXXXX1_ModelofphoneX XXXX_HOME.tar.md5

click pda and navigate to where that file is and you can select it

lastword
Old
(Last edited by lastword; 11th March 2014 at 05:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
finally i have flashed my sgy gt b5512 through odin but still it stuck into samsung logo. but after complteing all finally i received message that pass in odin and then my phone boots but now in samsung logo still so is there any idea. another thing is that now my phone can enter into recovery mode which before was not. and in that i have tried to wipe cache and partion but still not working. please reply us.

Tags
cygwin, splitfus2, stock firmware