FORUMS

Vinsic Doosl FM Transmitter Review – Accessory Review

A lot of vehicles come with stereos featuring Bluetooth connectivity. This … more

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Incredible slow, frequently frozen Xperia SP - What to do..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
8th March 2014, 03:58 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Papendrecht
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey guys,

I've upgraded from a Xperia Arc to a Xperia SP, hoping for a speed upgrade, going from a 1.0Ghz single core to a 1.5ghz dual core. (a Z(1) was not an option). Strangely, out of the box, the thing felt kinda slow/laggy but I thought "let's give it a try".

Now almost two months later, things haven't been any better. In fact, it regularly freezes completely and while writing this post, I can't even turn it on anymore. I closed the screen, but it doesn't goes on anymore (with 83% battery) .. But that's a different issue.

I'm really hoping what could fix this issue. I'm preparing for a factory reset, let's hope that fixes everything. Yet I'd ask: What more can I do than a complete factory reset. (Does it matters doing a factory reset from inside the phone (@ options > security/storage), the boot loader, or when it's connected to my PC?

I hope someone knows a solution!

Wish I could upgrade to Cyanogenmod, but that would void my warranty (right?), which is absolutely not an option.

Thanks!
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread