FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

D802 How to unbrick?

15th February 2014, 11:46 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, I've got a HUGE problem.
Today I decided to root my G2 d802 (european free distribution) and flash a CM rom.
After cleaning dalvik and factory reset i tried to flash this rom but Status 7 showed up.
So, I tried to launch G2 and find a solution for it but it started to boot loop.
Okay.
Even worse, (don't ask how, but it wasn't me!) there PROBABLY was format /system,,
After that my G2 stucks on LG logo and nothing else happens. No loop no anything. I can only go into recovery while seeing white screen asking if I agree to do format. Everytime, but it never boots normally, it's always stuck.
So, what can I do?
I can't access the phone from my computer while beeing in the recovery (it appears as a device, but i cannot access it..).
I can only use recovery

LG G2 D802
CWM-based Recovery v6.0.4.4

Sorry for bad english, not my native language.
Help me, please! How can I unbrick my G2?!

So I tried to flash Stock rom, but when in download mode G2 isn't considered as plugged into a computer. LG Mobile Support Tool can't find the device... Any help?
Last edited by legions91; 16th February 2014 at 12:16 AM.
 
 
16th February 2014, 12:16 AM |#2  
CHlCKEN's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legions91

Hi, I've got a HUGE problem.
Today I decided to root my G2 d802 (european free distribution) and flash a CM rom.
After cleaning dalvik and factory reset i tried to flash this rom but Status 7 showed up.
So, I tried to launch G2 and find a solution for it but it started to boot loop.
Okay.
Even worse, (don't ask how, but it wasn't me!) there PROBABLY was format /system,,
After that my G2 stucks on LG logo and nothing else happens. No loop no anything. I can only go into recovery while seeing white screen asking if I agree to do format. Everytime, but it never boots normally, it's always stuck.
So, what can I do?
I can't access the phone from my computer while beeing in the recovery (it appears as a device, but i cannot access it..).
I can only use recovery

LG G2 D802
CWM-based Recovery v6.0.4.4

Sorry for bad english, not my native language.
Help me, please! How can I unbrick my G2?!


There is a way to probably fix it but if you cant just put your phone in the water till it breaks and use your warranty to get another one thats what I did with my D801 when it bricked
16th February 2014, 12:39 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHlCKEN

There is a way to probably fix it but if you cant just put your phone in the water till it breaks and use your warranty to get another one thats what I did with my D801 when it bricked

Nevermind. It came back to boot loop, so it's not bricked.
But i've got some problems.
Mainly - i still can't access my phone through my computer.
When i try to flash Stock Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 this thread) i recive: http://i.imgur.com/ijSgtwp.png - screenshot from Device Manager when in download mode: http://i.imgur.com/kMLCW7t.png and when in recovery: http://i.imgur.com/wGU6qnz.png
So we're back into boot loop.
Any help? Please?
16th February 2014, 05:32 AM |#4  
corrsea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 615
 
More
Can you attach an otg card reader or flash memory stick from recovery?
Last edited by corrsea; 16th February 2014 at 07:24 AM.
16th February 2014, 06:13 AM |#5  
Member
Flag Yugorsk
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
adb sideload helps you. or adb push
16th February 2014, 10:55 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The problem is, because of a tutorial on my local Android site which tells how to unloop boot in G2 I've got TWRP now instead of CWM (it was about access to terminal something and writing a command, but it didn't do ****, but it seemed to work for few people), and it would be fine, but... now computer doesn't recognize my phone. Unidentified Devices: LG G2-D802, so I can't access sideload...
16th February 2014, 11:06 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrsea

Can you attach an otg card reader or flash memory stick from recovery?

I've got OTG Cable (bought for my Nexus 7) somewhere, but none of above.

LOL NEVERMIND
Becouse I had nothing to lose i decided to try to flash CM and it worked.
CWM couldn't flash it for 5 times, TWRP did it immediatly.
Topic closed, thank you for your responses.
Last edited by legions91; 16th February 2014 at 11:14 AM.
8th March 2014, 06:59 PM |#8  
rastigo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,116
 
More
You need to first download the kdz and lg flash utility with drivers.
Install drivers
The factory reset deleting system, cache, internal sd.
Then shutdown your g2.
Start to downloaded mode connecting your g2
Flash kdz & voila... Done
I too bricked my phone before. My flashing stuck at 49%. Recovered using above method, all is well now
This works 1000%. I bet on it. Just remember to wipe the phone completely before flashing. You will return to stock with unrooted status in download mode. U will have your warranty back too

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th March 2014, 07:09 PM |#9  
Schindler069's Avatar
Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I had a similar problem, got it fixed with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142
Maybe it works for you too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes