5,604,686 Members 36,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL SlimKat 4.4.2] |BETA 1.7| [SGH-T769] 12/19/2013

Tip us?
 
DieNoMight
Old
#301  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Oct 2013
Oh well. The Blaze is getting fairly dated at this point, I wasn't expecting it to keep up with the latest and greatest roms anyways. Thank-you for attempting to get the newest slim running on this awesome phone. I am fine with sticking with Slim 2.0 anyways, as it is so lightweight and fast. The ONLY problem I have with it is that I have to disable/enable 4G every 24-hours or so as the connection drops after so long. Thanks again!
 
estanuel
Old
#302  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle
Yeah, I'd rather you weren't stressed out than that I get to use the latest build. Thank you so much for your work!
 
InkSlinger420
Old
(Last edited by InkSlinger420; 6th March 2014 at 06:30 PM.)
#303  
InkSlinger420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 3,433
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by estanuel View Post
Yeah, I'd rather you weren't stressed out than that I get to use the latest build. Thank you so much for your work!
The latest build is super stable minus the keys..people CAN use a small nav bar and get the same effect..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407576431 its here if anyone wants it until I can get these damn keys back..just use nav bar for the time being and drop it down as small as you can and still use it (too save that ever needed real estate),from what im told the rest is solid..😉

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
*Bringing the greatness of Validus and Gummy Rom to a device near you*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InkSlinger420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
InkSlinger420
Old
#304  
InkSlinger420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 3,433
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

 
DONATE TO ME
Attempting another build with modified trees to see if I can get these buttons working..
*Bringing the greatness of Validus and Gummy Rom to a device near you*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InkSlinger420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
InkSlinger420
Old
#305  
InkSlinger420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 3,433
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

 
DONATE TO ME
Have a build..need a tester

...sent from a gummed up Nexus 7 using Tapatalk pro mofos...
*Bringing the greatness of Validus and Gummy Rom to a device near you*
 
DieNoMight
Old
#306  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by InkSlinger420 View Post
Have a build..need a tester

...sent from a gummed up Nexus 7 using Tapatalk pro mofos...
Tested it and same problem. Buttons don't function. Works fine with nav bar overlay if people don't mind that.
 
InkSlinger420
Old
#307  
InkSlinger420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 3,433
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieNoMight View Post
Tested it and same problem. Buttons don't function. Works fine with nav bar overlay if people don't mind that.
Can anyone try gravitybox xposed module and see if button remapping to same function works..

...sent from a gummed up Nexus 7 using Tapatalk pro mofos...
*Bringing the greatness of Validus and Gummy Rom to a device near you*
 
NghtWachman
Old
#308  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Upgrading SlimKAT 3.6

Hi guys

I've just tried upgrading from SlimKAT version 2.1 to 3.4 with a disappointing result. After flashing the rom and doing the necessary steps required
I reboot the phone only to be greeted with a black screen, waited for over 30 mins, had to revert to 2.1.

Been testing the beta 2.1 for over two months with no major problems except that 4G is unstable at times and the speaker acts as a mute button whenever you are on call ( meaning the other caller cannot hear you when you have them on speaker) it is for these reason that I finally decided to upgrade to a more recent version.

The 4G drop connection is another killer and looking at the changelog I think you guys might have forgotten to address that.

Don't know why 3.4 is not loading and I've not tried the latest version yet until I can figure out why 3.4 is not flashing.
 
njstein
Old
#309  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 346
Posts: 1,085
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boise
Quote:
Originally Posted by NghtWachman View Post
Hi guys

I've just tried upgrading from SlimKAT version 2.1 to 3.4 with a disappointing result. After flashing the rom and doing the necessary steps required
I reboot the phone only to be greeted with a black screen, waited for over 30 mins, had to revert to 2.1.

Been testing the beta 2.1 for over two months with no major problems except that 4G is unstable at times and the speaker acts as a mute button whenever you are on call ( meaning the other caller cannot hear you when you have them on speaker) it is for these reason that I finally decided to upgrade to a more recent version.

The 4G drop connection is another killer and looking at the changelog I think you guys might have forgotten to address that.

Don't know why 3.4 is not loading and I've not tried the latest version yet until I can figure out why 3.4 is not flashing.
The speakerphone bug is a known problem. All roms 4.2.2 and above have it. Unfortunate to say the least but the awesome devs are working on it. It's only a matter of time. The connection issues might be fixed by flashing a different radio. The Blaze Bible has links to other ones. People have reported different results based on area. As far as the Slim issue, I don't have a clue...

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
NghtWachman
Old
(Last edited by NghtWachman; 20th March 2014 at 09:18 PM.)
#310  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein View Post
The speakerphone bug is a known problem. All roms 4.2.2 and above have it. Unfortunate to say the least but the awesome devs are working on it. It's only a matter of time. The connection issues might be fixed by flashing a different radio. The Blaze Bible has links to other ones. People have reported different results based on area. As far as the Slim issue, I don't have a clue...

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey Thanks for the fast response, but yeah not sure why this has suddenly become a problem, also notice that charging the phone using regular power does not seem to work either except I have to plug in the usb before I can get some juice which is why I decided to upgrade to the most recent stable version.

I would like to also thank the devs that are obviously doing an awesome job and I know they appreciate solid feedback.

Can you please provide a link where I can get a stable download for the latest version maybe the link I used is the problem.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes