XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloader unlock allowed:NO!!!

Tip us?

paper13579
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default Bootloader unlock allowed:NO!!!

I originally had an xperia c1905 but cross flashed c2005 FW onto my device. What i find really annoying is that when i open the configuration in the service menu i find out that i cannot unlock the bootloader, ie, bootloader unlock allowed no. I haver read online and i have researched it, but other posts were made in 2013, i thought id ask ahain in 2014. Is there any possible way whatsoever of unlocking my phone's bootloader? will i ever be able to do it? Are there any modern ways that i might have missed?

Guys please dont tell me to send my phone to sony and they will unlock it for me. I have already tried it, but fot no response from sony. I have even contacted o2( my sim carrier) and asked about information on how to unlock, they told me that they cannot comment on that subject.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::b anghead::banghead::banghead:

If u have any information, i need your help, thank you!

Sent from my C2005 using xda app-developers app

mbc07
Old
Thanks Meter 218
As far as I know, no way of unlocking your bootloader if it says no. You still can try the regular bootloader unlocking procedure method, the only thing that may occur is it not working...
Sony Xperia M dual [C2004]
ROM: 15.5.A.0.18 (stock)
Android version: 4.3 (rooted)
Bootloader: locked (unlockable)

dunc4n88
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Or it can brick the device just leave it for now and wait for the time being there might be a way of doing it if it gets found if not the new firmware that's getting released shortly might lift the ban off the bootloader

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Matlaw
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same problem. Please somebody need to find a way to unlock it. I bought my phone from Orange. I flashed the stock Sony's firmware and rooted it. I can't flash any CyanogenMod My old Galaxy Ace hasn't got any locks or something, installing custom roms was easy, but on this phone for me it's almost imposible...

gamer649
Old
Thanks Meter 205
I stumbled on a post on the Sony Talk forums the other day that stated if you carrier unlock your phone (so you can use any SIM card) and then flash an unbranded ROM the bootloader unlock status changes from No to Yes. This statement was made by a moderator on the forums and I have no idea how well the procedure will work.

Oh, the post was regarding the Z too so I'm not sure if it applies to the M.

Sent from my C1905 using xda app-developers app
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905 | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/Build Number: 15.4.A.0.23 | Android Version: 4.3 | Kernel: Stock (Permanently Locked Bootloader) | Network: GiffGaff
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: ? | Android Version: 4.4.2 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A
The Following User Says Thank You to gamer649 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]