5,605,120 Members 36,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] (009) KK442 GSM(3.4+ Hybrid/OC/Intelliplug/active/FauxSound)[04-04-2014]

Tip us?

michal89chz
Old
(Last edited by michal89chz; 8th March 2014 at 09:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 224
Similar score to seafood99, only to confirm your words, antutu sucks about cpu performance.
EDIT; I had on RK3188 (Tesco Hudl) 20k in Antutu but CPU in usage was 2-3 times slower than Moto G.
The Following User Says Thank You to michal89chz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reaxer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildestpixel View Post
Nexus 5 isn't GPE - its a nexus build and has its own source available almost from the get go under the GPL as Google have always pushed Nexus for dev.
Agree, my bad, mixed up things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildestpixel View Post
To be fair and as Faux has stated, Stock is much superior to GPE in terms of Moto G. It is a lot faster in IO.
I can live with just English just fine, but we're trying to push Moto G to some 100 users in a corporate and they just can't live with just English since it's a "mostly" Ukrainian company... We're just looking for some way to add multilang support.

Thanks everybody.

seafood99
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Yesterday i downloaded Sleepbot on the Playstore:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....lslk.sleepbot

But I have got the strangest bug and would like to know if its possible this kernel might has something to do with it, so in short:

- i start the app
- set the alarm on 10:30 (for example)
- go to the main page of the app, select Smart Alarm and hit the ''Going to sleep button..''
- then i press the powerbutton once to put the screen in standby mode (or whatever its called)
- after a few mintes i wake up the screen to check out the time, just to discover my alarm time has been changed

Here you can see the alarm time i put in was 10:30 but it shows 09:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FwO0...ature=youtu.be

It seems like the alarm time goes down by 30 minutes every one or two minutes...

Would anyone, preferable with the 007 [u] version and the recommanded settings as posted in #02 of this topic (except for ZRAM off) please be nice enough to see if you have the same bug? It would be nice to know before bugging the dev.

Thanks!!

wildestpixel
Old
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleak3993 View Post
I'm saying that I have updated to the latest kitkat OTA, that is supposed to fix the OTG, but after that I installed the 007(m) kernel, and now I have no otg support, is any way to make this work o should I have to wait for the next update?
Use the stock kernel .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaxer View Post
Agree, my bad, mixed up things...

I can live with just English just fine, but we're trying to push Moto G to some 100 users in a corporate and they just can't live with just English since it's a "mostly" Ukrainian company... We're just looking for some way to add multilang support.

Thanks everybody.
You intend to do a corporate roll out with phones with unlocked bootloaders , custom kernels and some form of root access ?

Okay !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SaberJ2X
Old
Thanks Meter 10
honestly I can't see how much better someone else could build a kernel on the moto G than Faux, Faux killed competition early on the G...
The Following User Says Thank You to SaberJ2X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bec de Xorbin
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberJ2X View Post
honestly I can't see how much better someone else could build a kernel on the moto G than Faux, Faux killed competition early on the G...
@franciscofranco. Would support him in a heartbeat over faux123.

SickBeast
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec de Xorbin View Post
You really think it would be wise to sacrifice what limited performance this phone has for even more battery life?

I don't think it's fair for you to disrespect the op like this in his own thread. He is developing this kernel free of charge and it works really well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SickBeast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

humzaahmed155
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec de Xorbin View Post
Be grateful he made a kernel for the Moto G

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
Devices
HTC One X 32GB - One X+ white housing - Official CM11.0 nightlies - Faux123's KitKat kernel
Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE - Half broken *I hate Samsung :P* - Official stock 4.3 - Unrooted
iPhone 3GS - 16GB - modded to the gills.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to humzaahmed155 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bec de Xorbin
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by humzaahmed155 View Post
Be grateful he made a kernel for the Moto G

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
I am, really. I just answered the post regarding that faux killed competition. That's almost true but franciscofranco is one of the few who could match or better this kernel. But I think he has no interest to do one.

seafood99
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickBeast View Post
Antutu is a terrible cpu benchmark. Try geekbench and sunspider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michal89chz View Post
Similar score to seafood99, only to confirm your words, antutu sucks about cpu performance.
EDIT; I had on RK3188 (Tesco Hudl) 20k in Antutu but CPU in usage was 2-3 times slower than Moto G.
My Geekbench 3 result:

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/461561

Is this ok/whats yours?