5,605,373 Members 40,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][Huawei Prism II aka Huawei U8686] CWM 6

Tip us?

cloakedguy
Old
(Last edited by cloakedguy; 4th March 2014 at 07:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Got my family member's Prism II, unlocked the bootloader, put in CWM, and did a backup... just restored that backup to MY Prism II, and it has bluetooth working fine.

So... it appears something might be problematic when using the No Carrier IQ image from http://droid-hive.com/index.php?/top...8686-prism-ii/ ... I'm going to manually delete Carrier IQ from my phone and install a good SU app, and see if all is still well.

Edit: Weird -- installed the removedCDROM_removedCIQ_boot.img from http://droid-hive.com/index.php?/top...ing-carrieriq/ and Carrier IQ appears dormant, but I can't find the 5-6 files that are mentioned for manual removal.

Edit2: I've used Link2SD with my older Gingerbread phone before. Is there any reason NOT to use it with Android 4.1.1? The limited amount of internal memory makes me desire the expanded space, but I wasn't sure if the normal 4.1.1 had any better support for SD storage.

diushoujuan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi clloadkedguy, Can I have your backup file, I desperately want my bluetooth back, thanks a lot.

diushoujuan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
finally got my bluetooth back. from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...546455&page=10
post #94

cloakedguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
A question for those smarter than I...

I noticed the Prism II comes with an (annoying) "internal SD" storage partition (?). However, I'd much rather use my REAL SD card, given that the "internal" one is about 1GB, and my "external", real SD card has 20GB free (the rest being a second partition for Link2SD).

Is there an -easy- way to use my real SD card as the "primary" SD card? At the moment it's mostly an annoyance, but I realized that some apps relying on external storage could be a problem if I'm limited to the 1GB of internal "SD" storage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diushoujuan View Post
finally got my bluetooth back. from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...546455&page=10
post #94
Good to hear that! Just got back on, myself...

streetdev22
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Very strange that Bluetooth doesn't seem to work even though we didn't tweak anything to do with Bluetooth..my wifi did act kind of funky once I deleted the reinstalled wifi.apk, but it returned to normal after a few reboots and switching it on and off airplane mode a few times.
As for the internal storage,settings->storage->default storage location->sdcard should change the default storage location to the sdcards rather than the internal sd card,

tomtomdev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had same pronlem but I solved it

Sent from my Prism II using xda app-developers app

tomtomdev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there ever going to be a rom for prism ii

streetdev22
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Have been busy with schoolwork. Haven't had time to work on extra projects. Hopefully will pick it back up after school lets down. Also, I'm inexperienced in ROM development so it may take me some time to learn the process.

tomtomdev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh i fully understand i just didnt know if it was still being attempted i appreciate all the work you put in

nycelitemaster
Old
Thanks Meter 327

DONATE TO ME
I am willing to port the rom, again extremely busy as i just have a new family member (my daughter), so hardly get time.. sigh.. she is cute and lovely, but pain in the rear...
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile
SIM: Unlocked
MOD: Rooted
CPU Bin: Fast
Kernel: Stock Kernel
Storage: 16GB

Priceless!!

Tester Device: Prism II/Huawei U8686 | Bootloader: Unlocked | Sim: Unlocked | OS/Kernel:Stock OS 4.1.1 | MOD: Rooted, Custom Mem & OpenGL Drivers