Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,124 Members 40,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DPI changed, won't boot

Tip us?

Sparrow40k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile DPI changed, won't boot

Hey everyone, I'm Blake.
This is my first post on XDA!

So, I have a HTC Sensation XE with Cyanogenmod 11 (albinoman887). Everything has always worked 100% and the phone is great!
I decided I wanted to change my DPI to something smaller because I just want more space on my screen and bigger seem to just be a waste to me.
Now here is the part I don't get..
I am using an app called 'LCD Density Modder Pro', mostly because of it's temp apply feature. Which worked fine!
I changed it from default 240 to 120 and I loved it. The only issue was an error saying "Unfortunately the process android.process.media has stopped". But that was an error for another time.
So I clicked 'Save as System' and after the HTC splash at the start I get nothing.. Not even the Cyanogenmod startup.
The only way I know to fix it was to flash Cyangomon onto the phone all over again and start from scratch.
I have tried different also a DPI of 160 and in test, other than that error; The phone works perfectly and I LOVE the size of everything!

Any idea on how to make it perminate? I really don't want to have to never turn my phone off or have to always put it in temp mode with this error too.

Thanks in advance

auxdefault
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I remembered trying that app on various phones and ending up not being able to boot also.

If there is no way for you to atleast access the build.prop you will have to try wiping system, cache and dalvik and reflash rom + gapps.

Those were only my 2cents

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Also, if you are trying to make changes to GEL's icon sizes and grid sizes I suggest try using xGel (something like that) which requires xposed framework.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app