5,604,122 Members 48,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unbricking LG P500 with Android SDK HELP!!!

Tip us?

Blackdavid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unbricking LG P500 with Android SDK HELP!!!

Hello! Yesterday I was putting a custom recovery on my LG p500, and as I am a noob in phones and everything else I fcked up something, and now i have the ''fastboot mode started'' screen. Now, on this page, i have downloaded all the things listed there.

Now, my computer recognizes the phone, it doesn't open the ''removable disk F'' as it has always, but it says it is recognized.

WHen i downloaded Android SDK, on the page they say I should have a directory on disk C, but I DONT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID SDK!! When i click on SDK manager it just opens a window similiar to cmd prompt, and then the window close after some seconds.. Please help me!!

Also, on that link there is the cmd program open and he says what to write to unbrick it, but I don't understand anything about it!! Please someone help me I am mad!!!

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1662

DONATE TO ME
Instead of messing with the entire Android SDK, which isn't needed BTW, why not use Android Flash Recovery to install another recovery? Link for Android Flash Recovery ( AFR ) is in my signature. It's just a simple UI for the fastboot executable from the Android SDK. No command windows to deal with and nothing to type. Point and click...

As per you problem with the SDK, Android can't find your Java installation. Did you install Java 6 or 7 SDK as well?

"The way is known to all but not all know it"

My Devices, Mods, and Tools

Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED ), CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JB 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 6.0.4.5, CM11 KitKat

[MOD][JB][4.1] Mini LatinIME
Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip

Blackdavid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft View Post
Instead of messing with the entire Android SDK, which isn't needed BTW, why not use Android Flash Recovery to install another recovery? Link for Android Flash Recovery ( AFR ) is in my signature. It's just a simple UI for the fastboot executable from the Android SDK. No command windows to deal with and nothing to type. Point and click...

As per you problem with the SDK, Android can't find your Java installation. Did you install Java 6 or 7 SDK as well?
I got rid of the problem, but if the problem gets back i will use your link! thanks!

jhondlabs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Kk connect USB goto sdk and find fastboot binary use cmd. And do fastboot flash recovery /path to SD/

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app
Tags
android sdk issues, fastboot mode started, helpmeeee, lg p500, unbrick