Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 51,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help. Need to downgrade

Tip us?
 
Shyne888
Old
#1  
Shyne888's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Palm Becah
Default [Q] Please help. Need to downgrade

I upgraded my note to 4.4.2 with freeza rom. I have my phone flashed to a different service provider (other then sprint) I found out that 4.4.2 is not compatible with the flash. Anytime my device is flashed then my phone has no service. It has a red x on the service bars. If I can downgrade my phone then I will regain service and be able to use my device. If I can't downgrade then you can say I just have a paper weight.
 
tonyevo52
Old
#2  
tonyevo52's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 363
Posts: 589
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne888 View Post
I upgraded my note to 4.4.2 with freeza rom. I have my phone flashed to a different service provider (other then sprint) I found out that 4.4.2 is not compatible with the flash. Anytime my device is flashed then my phone has no service. It has a red x on the service bars. If I can downgrade my phone then I will regain service and be able to use my device. If I can't downgrade then you can say I just have a paper weight.
From what I have read, it is possible (not confirmed), you need to flash the engineered bootloader, then you can downgrade to na4 and then back to mj4...i have not seen anyone try it yet, you might be the first to try... Check out freezas threads and follow them. I believe if you read the leak thread he created, the steps are there. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2630514

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
Shyne888
Old
#3  
Shyne888's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Palm Becah
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52 View Post
From what I have read, it is possible (not confirmed), you need to flash the engineered bootloader, then you can downgrade to na4 and then back to mj4...i have not seen anyone try it yet, you might be the first to try... Check out freezas threads and follow them. I believe if you read the leak thread he created, the steps are there. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2630514

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I will try anything right now. Can you please point me in the right direction with a link. Thanks so much
 
tonyevo52
Old
(Last edited by tonyevo52; 9th March 2014 at 06:39 AM.)
#4  
tonyevo52's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 363
Posts: 589
Join Date: Feb 2013
Added to the bottom of my post..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

You are going to need the engineered bootloader first, then you might be able to down grade to the na4, once you do that, hopefully it will let you go back to mj4... I'll grab a couple more links for you...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Here is the link to wilcos engineered bl.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2657893

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I can't seem to find them from my phone, if you do a search in the threads, look for na4 tar and mj4 tar, if you can successfully get back to na4, you will need to flash mj4 twice, after the second flash, go straight into stock recovery and do a wipe and then it will start back up... Like I said, best of luck man. And read the forums, you don't want to risk bricking.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
TTmaster99
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 41
Join Date: Aug 2007
Shyne888,

You're on Boost Mobile right? You upgrade to 4.4.2 and you have completely no signal right? You can't go back to older bootloader, samsung made sure of that.

But you can downgrade your MODEM to get the signal back.

This is stock MI3 modem for SM-N900P Model. http://goo.gl/W0f3Za
The Following User Says Thank You to TTmaster99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tonyevo52
Old
#6  
tonyevo52's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 363
Posts: 589
Join Date: Feb 2013
This might help as well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2672102

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyevo52 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Shyne888
Old
#7  
Shyne888's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Palm Becah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne888 View Post
I will try anything right now. Can you please point me in the right direction with a link. Thanks so much
I flash this with Odin right? What slot do I flash it in Pda, Phone est..

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
 
Shyne888
Old
#8  
Shyne888's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Palm Becah
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52 View Post
Added to the bottom of my post..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I can't seem to find them from my phone, if you do a search in the threads, look for na4 tar and mj4 tar, if you can successfully get back to na4, you will need to flash mj4 twice, after the second flash, go straight into stock recovery and do a wipe and then it will start back up... Like I said, best of luck man. And read the forums, you don't want to risk bricking.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Thank you. I'm tryna figure out what slot in odin I flash these files in.


Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
 
tonyevo52
Old
#9  
tonyevo52's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 363
Posts: 589
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne888 View Post
Thank you. I'm tryna figure out what slot in odin I flash these files in.


Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
I use 3.09 Odin and seems to work best. If you are flashing bootloader put the file in bl, if you are flashing the mj4 or na4 put it in the ap slot. Search for Odin and you will find lots of info.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
enzyme
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 125
Join Date: Sep 2008
Can you please keep us posted with your results. I am also having a little bit of flashers' remorse with the 4.4NAB. Already missing MiniN3 5.8 but I am glad to see Carbon and Slim for our phone. Very promising.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes