XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APK] Samsung Apps (touchwiz-free)

Tip us?

toastido
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Sorry.. I've been really busy lately. I've also switched to the note 3 running full TW, so I'm afraid I won't be able to port the new version. At least not any time soon. :-\

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

tomasso32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido View Post
Sorry.. I've been really busy lately. I've also switched to the note 3 running full TW, so I'm afraid I won't be able to port the new version. At least not any time soon. :-\

Thanks. Any tips on how to change the xml and re-sign?

Tom.

tomasso32
Old
(Last edited by tomasso32; 4th April 2014 at 01:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

I started with apktool, but then needed to get a latest "Samsung Apps" to play with. I did this by installing your apk which tried to update (but failed to do so). However, your apk was still there, and worked without trying to update again - something I thought didn't happen before. So I was able to update Garmin/Navigon GPS app (this sounds not like something that should have happened). The Garmin app update was the only reason for me wanting to use Samsung Apps. Nothing more to do. Ta.

Added comment: This "trick" sometimes worked, often didn't. When I needed to update Navigon (via Samsung apps), I'd update Samsung Apps, which was forced on my by Samsung Apps (and fail). After a few repeats, Samsung Apps opened without forcing an update and Navigon got its update.

Tom.

drpeppermrpib
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default S health

Any way you can do this for the shealth.apk? It would be nice to use the application without a TouchWiz rom. There's a fake shealth app iv found but doesn't do the same things.

Tostis
Old
(Last edited by Tostis; 16th March 2014 at 07:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Yes. I removed the tw framework from the manifest for this apk, rebuilt and resigned using a development key.

It's not that simple for the rest of the gear stuff, unfortunately. :/
Your apk works but pretends to upgrade itself.
I've done the same with an untouched apk but it crashes telling:
android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #5: Error inflating class com.sec.android.app.samsungapps.widget.SamsungAppA ctionBar.

It refers to isa_layout_actionbar_activity_template.xml but i cannot find SamsungAppActionBar class.
Twframework.jar does not contain class files. I'll try to decompile twframework.odex

What i've missed?
Search me on Google Play Store

Tostis
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I've managed to decompile twframework.odex. I've merged resource files from touchwiz within samsung apps. Unfortunately aapt crashes when i try to recompile. Any hints?
Search me on Google Play Store

tomasso32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Using Samsung Apps (their store) with CM11

As some are aware, Samsung Apps forces its update (otherwise it closes), but under CM11, the update fails because Samsung Apps requires Touchwiz and CM11 doesn't provide Touchwiz. I needed Samsung Apps for one app only which needed updates from time to time (Garmin/Navigon GPS for Australia, which used to be on Play Store, until Samsung or Garmin saw some reason for moving it to Samsung Apps).

I've found a way to consistently open Samsung Apps and defeat its update, so that I can update the navigation app.

(1) Start Samsung Apps.
(2) Immediate touch and hold the Menu button (ie, left of Home button). This starts Google Now or Google Search.
(3) Back out of Google using the Back button (ie, right of Home button). This seems to take two "back"s, but that might be the way my phone is organised.

This gives you Samsung Apps, no update, and ready to login.

[I'm using the hacked Samsung Apps from the first message in this thread by Toastido, which is Samsung Apps with the Touchwiz bits deleted].

Tom.

shpitz461
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo View Post
I've installed it on nexus5, but it says country/device not supported. Does buildprop edit make a difference?
I also get this on HTC One, T-Mobile USA.

cobyman7035
Old
Thanks Meter 123
i have this installed on my franco kernel nexus 5 phone, but when i open it , its just a blank page saying 'no data'? latest version it says 13112804.12.008.0
8gb NeXus⁴ 4.4 kitkat fully stock
16gb NeXus 7 FHD w/ TWRP 2.6.3.1 signed-razor-KRT16S-from-JSS15Q 4.4.2 KK w/ ElementalX v2.6 kernel @1.736 ghz UV800 using ART mode
32gb NeXus 5 white rooted/unlocked TWRP v2.6.4.3 touch , 4.4.2 KOT49H kk stock, franco kernel r32 w/ ART UVing 1.5ghz max cpu vomer
samsung galaxy gear black watch w/ Null v23 rom

hawksking
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyman7035 View Post
i have this installed on my franco kernel nexus 5 phone, but when i open it , its just a blank page saying 'no data'? latest version it says 13112804.12.008.0
Same here, Im trying to get apps from the Samsung Apps for my Gear 2 Neo.