XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note 8.0 need advice!

Tip us?

TwanMan87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Galaxy Note 8.0 need advice!

GT-N5110 wifi version. Ive had this device for 10 days. Out the box it was running 4.1.2 and seemed work great other than the occasional 3-5 seconds when screen would become unresponsive during normal use. After using it for a few days I decided to go ahead and update to 4.2.2 thinking maybe it would fix the screen issue. It did fix that issue but now im having another problem. After the device sits dormant for awhile the screen doesnt respond to touch but still works fine with the s pen. Ill turn it on after sitting all night and after swiping to unlock the screen it becomes unresponsive. I usually have to lock/unlock the screen several times before it will start responding. After it starts working I can be on it for hours with no more problems. But if I lock the screen an set it down for awhile when I go to use it again it does the samething. It seems like it has to warm up. I tried doing factory data reset but that didnt help. It is rooted also but the only thing ive done so far is get rid of some bloatware.(i didnt root it untill after the problem started). Anyone have any advice?

livis n fur
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Do you have your note in a cover , and if so does it have a magnet.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app
Device: Sprint GalaxyS 3
Rom: The People's Rom GS3.17
Kernal: KT747
Morphology: V2.21
The Following User Says Thank You to livis n fur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

statum2013
Old
Thanks Meter 1
That does sound rather crazy, the unresponsiveness is out of the ordinary... did you try turning off a lot of the extra features built in by Samsung? another thing you could do is download Clean Master from the play store and take a look at your Ram use-age and clean out some cache files with it, this might help with the lag. The touch response could be hindered due to a case or screen protector... other than that the only thing i could think is if there was physical damage done to it before that could cause the touch screen to act that way.

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Ummmm... I would have taken it back to the store and asked for a replacement.

That is not normal at all. even with the device's settings left alone, there should not be any issues with responses with touch.

Note... The pen feature is totally separate from touch. The screen has two different features, one being a digitizer for the pen function the other for touch. It is possible that during assembly that the connection for the touch screen is faulty, as a bad solder joint during wave process could make the connection heat related. As the device cools, the contacts contract causing a fault with touch operation. When heated up from normal use, expansion forces contact between connector and board for normal operation to function with touchscreen.

FrozenRiff
Old
Thanks Meter 4,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by livis n fur View Post
Do you have your note in a cover , and if so does it have a magnet.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app
Using another case without magnets fixed the problem for me

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

TwanMan87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRiff View Post
Using another case without magnets fixed the problem for me

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
The problem was my samsung book cover! Can't believe samsung would make a cover that causes these kinds of issues. Glad I only paid 7 bucks on ebay instead of 50 at best buy. Thanks guys for the comments!
The Following User Says Thank You to TwanMan87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FrozenRiff
Old
Thanks Meter 4,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwanMan87 View Post
The problem was my samsung book cover! Can't believe samsung would make a cover that causes these kinds of issues. Glad I only paid 7 bucks on ebay instead of 50 at best buy. Thanks guys for the comments!
Thanks for the FYI. I was using the moko whatever with a keyboard and I got the freezes all the time. I was thinking about the official Samsung one but if that gives you problems then forget it. I almost sold this thing on eBay cause I couldn't take the freezes anymore. Now I use a tpu case with it and couldn't be happier

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk