Originally Posted by myphone12345
I followed the instructions in the thread that describes how to update to NAE from MF9 while keeping the MF9 bootloader: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277480
I was on MF9 stock rooted (with TWRP recovery installed when I flashed the NAE modem via odin 3.0.7, not sure if that makes a difference).
All the steps seemed to go okay. As far as I can tell the versions look good. However, the device is super sluggish at times, especially the dialer. Sometimes I have trouble waking it. I can't toggle the WiFi on. I have not set the hotspot mod or sd card mod yet.
The device is essentially unusable. Every so often I will get a request to force close some app (like the dialer) because it is hanging.
I tried repeating the steps described in the thread above over and still get the same behavior. The second time I also did some more checking in the intermediary MK2 step after everything was set up and I did notice that sometimes it was doing the weird hanging problems there too (i.e. even before the NAE rom was installed).
I had no problems whatsoever with the device when it was on MF9.
Help! Any ideas??
I had the same exact problem and I found a way to fix that so I can run NAE.. I read someone post and I just did these step to have a perfect running NAE stock rom.
Steps How To Install NAE (Odex) properly with MF9 Bootloader
1. Back-up apps with Titanium Backup or MyBackup
2. Download the following tools and files to have on-hand
A. Odin 3.07
C. Philz Recovery [I used the latest one 6.41.6.tar.md5]
D. MF9.tar Official
E. MK2 Modem.tar (No Firmware)
F. Stock MK2 Odex ROM (No Bootloader)
G. NAE Modem.tar (No Firmeware)
H. Stock NAE.Odex Rom (No Bootloader)
I. SDCard Fix for NAE
J. Hotspot Mod NAE (Odex) [If you want Hotspot]
3. Put the following files on your External SDcard from Step 2 (E,G,H,I)
4. Start by opening up Odin 3.07, and flashing MF9.tar (Make sure everything is unchecked but Auto Reboot)
5. Once flashed let the phone boot up and skip all the steps of setting up your phone. Then check to see if your baseband and firmeware is on MF9. If thats all okay completely shut down your phone.
6. Go back to Download Mode and to Odin. Then flash CF-Root (Make sure everything is unchecked but Auto Reboot)
7. Once its booted shut down and back to Download Mode and to Odin then flash MK2 Modem.tar (Make Sure Everything Is Unchecked) Once that is done Hold the power button for 10 seconds.
8. Boot up and check your baseband and firmeware in About Phone. Once everything is okay shut down the phone.
9. Boot your phone into Philz Recovery Mode then find and Install Stock MK2 Rom
10. Boot up the phone and skip all the steps setting up your phone, Do the lockscreen fix shut down your phone.
11. Go back to Odin and Flash NAE.Modem tar file (Make sure everything is unchecked) Hold the power button for 10 seconds
12. Reboot into Philz Recovery Do the wipe to do a Clean Install of Rom
13. Install Stock NAE Rom then Boot Up
14. Shut down and go back to recovery and install the SDCard Fix and Hotspot then Reboot
Then you can get Triangle Away and wipe your counter clean.