True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more
Thread Deleted

Device behaving badly after updating to NAE while keeping MF9 bootloader

OP myphone12345

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
9th March 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

201 posts
I followed the instructions in the thread that describes how to update to NAE from MF9 while keeping the MF9 bootloader: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277480

I was on MF9 stock rooted (with TWRP recovery installed when I flashed the NAE modem via odin 3.0.7, not sure if that makes a difference).

All the steps seemed to go okay. As far as I can tell the versions look good. However, the device is super sluggish at times, especially the dialer. Sometimes I have trouble waking it. I can't toggle the WiFi on. I have not set the hotspot mod or sd card mod yet.

The device is essentially unusable. Every so often I will get a request to force close some app (like the dialer) because it is hanging.

I tried repeating the steps described in the thread above over and still get the same behavior. The second time I also did some more checking in the intermediary MK2 step after everything was set up and I did notice that sometimes it was doing the weird hanging problems there too (i.e. even before the NAE rom was installed).

I had no problems whatsoever with the device when it was on MF9.

Help! Any ideas??
Last edited by myphone12345; 9th March 2014 at 07:16 AM.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread