Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,360 Members 53,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Soft Bricked - Need Help!

Tip us?

-marco-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
everything looks good, no need to format,
go ahead and install 4.20.707.6 stock you wanted (since it doesn't automatically wipe, you need to do it yourself as i mentioned previously)

check if the file is OK, MD5 should be: 6A4AEE254ED7AC32EAF9292D72D9E2D3

your internal storage will remain intact, but settings and apps+data will be gone, you either need to use HTC Backup or TiBu (or whatever method you usually use) to restore the things that can be restored, and manually setup the rest.
done . it's back there now.
i had a htc backup done 2 days ago so now i'm restoring through that to see . . .

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2692
Quote:
Originally Posted by -marco- View Post
done . it's back there now.
i had a htc backup done 2 days ago so now i'm restoring through that to see . . .

I've never used HTC Backup, let me know how that goes, and what it actually restores and not...

Good Luck

-marco-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I've never used HTC Backup, let me know how that goes, and what it actually restores and not...

Good Luck
The main problem that i'm having is "unfortunately, Google Search has stopped". this error popup is spamming every minute for some reason.
If i do clear data & cache in the app page , nothing changes...

-marco-
Old
(Last edited by -marco-; 8th March 2014 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
The main problem that i'm having is "unfortunately, Google Search has stopped". this error popup is spamming every minute for some reason.
If i do clear data & cache in the app page , nothing changes...
I'm having the same issue with other non functioning apps, e.g. instagram, market feedback agent , and others.

I tried uninstalling or the delete cache/data but they still wouldn't work. Do you have any idea of where the fault can be ?
I haven't restored much of the nandroid backups and the /sdcard/ folder has never been formatted to begin with throughout the whole reflashing procedure...

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2692
Quote:
I'm having the same issue with other non functioning apps, e.g. instagram, market feedback agent , and others.

I tried uninstalling or the delete cache/data but they still wouldn't work. Do you have any idea of where the fault can be ?
I haven't restored much of the nandroid backups and the /sdcard/ folder has never been formatted to begin with throughout the whole reflashing procedure...
just do a clean flash and setup from scratch

-marco-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
just do a clean flash and setup from scratch
but where is the difference with the one i did before?