5,605,438 Members 44,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MODS][02.01.14]Galaxy Fame - Stock deodexed - all versions[wip]

Tip us?

corsicanu
Old
(Last edited by corsicanu; 22nd February 2014 at 08:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by didije View Post
I see you are working on a new kernel for stock based roms. It would be great if you manage to undervolt/overclock. I tried this mod yesterday, not bad. I have a little suggestion if you are planning to release another version of it. When removing apks from system (bloatware), you should pay attention to lib files inside the removed apks. They should be deleted as well from system/lib foder as they are also unnecessary when the apks are removed. There aren't many of them. I haven't looked at your mod too closely but I can remember one example - ChatOn application has inside two lib files in lib/armeabi folder, those two files can be found in system/lib folder and they are also unnecessary since you have deleted the ChatOn apk.

Regards
I will take a look at frequency table soon.. Meanwhile i am cooking new roms for all versions, with mods included..(still working at moded apks).. And no more modem/sim issues.. the first will be the rom in few days and after that i'll check again the kernel.. Don't know yet if the kernel will work for all versions but it should since i was using s6810 rom with s6812 kernel on s6810p )..
And after all this road since i have started modding this device(s) i need to say thanks to all that kept me motivated..
Cheers!
Don`t say, just press
Current phones:

Galaxy S II i9100:
Rom: NamelessROM- Latest Nightly
Kernel: Stock

iPhone 5
iOS: 7.0.6
Jailbroken: Yes/Untethered
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wichoxp
Old
Thanks Meter 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsicanu View Post
I will take a look at frequency table soon..
Cheers!
I hope you've found a way to tweak Freq & UV tables ...
The Following User Says Thank You to wichoxp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

corsicanu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by wichoxp View Post
I hope you've found a way to tweak Freq & UV tables ...
The saddest part is that i don`t have this phone any more... Due some changes at my work my phone has been replaced with an iPhone 5.. Don`t know yet if i should be happy or sad.. I will try to get an s6810p for tests from one of my colleagues but i can`t promise anything for now. And cyanogenmod project has been canceled/delayed `cause @adytzu33 has briked his phone in attempt to reset custom bin counter. My advice for all Galaxy Fame users will remain that if you ever have the chance to sell it, don`t look back . And before buying another, check xda to see if the device is known and "moddable".
On the go i still have some projects for this devices and i hope that soon i will release them:
-cwm 6.0.4.6 - almost done - external_sd isn`t shown
-kernel with some optimisations - almost done
-another base for deodexed roms - to do.

And i want to say that if anyone wants to take my roms as a base for cooking is free to do it. There are plenty tutorials on the net about mods. The first step was a fully functional cwm and a deodexed base for modding. The rest is up to you. Cheers!!
Don`t say, just press
Current phones:

Galaxy S II i9100:

iPhone 5
The Following User Says Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-=NPG=-
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
The saddest part is that i don`t have this phone any more... Due some changes at my work my phone has been replaced with an iPhone 5.. Don`t know yet if i should be happy or sad.. I will try to get an s6810p for tests from one of my colleagues but i can`t promise anything for now. And cyanogenmod project has been canceled/delayed `cause @adytzu33 has briked his phone in attempt to reset custom bin counter. My advice for all Galaxy Fame users will remain that if you ever have the chance to sell it, don`t look back . And before buying another, check xda to see if the device is known and "moddable".
On the go i still have some projects for this devices and i hope that soon i will release them:
-cwm 6.0.4.6 - almost done - external_sd isn`t shown
-kernel with some optimisations - almost done
-another base for deodexed roms - to do.

And i want to say that if anyone wants to take my roms as a base for cooking is free to do it. There are plenty tutorials on the net about mods. The first step was a fully functional cwm and a deodexed base for modding. The rest is up to you. Cheers!!
Thank you for the work you've done on this phone.

I totally agree on the comment on selling it and never looking back - of the 6 Android phones I've had this is by far the worst for performance.

Sent from my GT-S6810 using Tapatalk

corsicanu
Old
(Last edited by corsicanu; 8th March 2014 at 08:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=NPG=- View Post
Thank you for the work you've done on this phone.
I totally agree on the comment on selling it and never looking back - of the 6 Android phones I've had this is by far the worst for performance.
It has some performance but is limited by Samsung with touchwiz roms. I9000 with same specs works much better, only because of AOSP or CM roms.

Anyway i caught my old phone only for this weekend so i`m in rush... CWM 6.0.4.6 is available here. Next should be the base of deodexed roms. Cheers and happy flashing!
Don`t say, just press
Current phones:

Galaxy S II i9100:

iPhone 5
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wichoxp
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Anyway i caught my old phone only for this weekend so i`m in rush... CWM 6.0.4.6 is available here. Next should be the base of deodexed roms. Cheers and happy flashing!
GREAT, YOU'RE BACK (for few days :/ ) !!! ...
Now a little petition: could it be possible to make a ZIP file for rooting phone through CWM (like CF-Root) ?
The Following User Says Thank You to wichoxp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

corsicanu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
How to root stock firmware - easy way:
-install cwm 6.0.4.6 with Odin 3.07
-enter recovery
-Advanced > Reboot Recovery
-you will be prompted that root access is missing > select yes to root
-after the reboot of recovery, flash the latest SuperSu update from Chainfire`s thread
-reboot and enjoy your rooted phone
-don`t forget to thank Chainfire for his awesome work

Downloads:
Latest SuperSu Update
Odin package - CWM - 6.0.4.6
Odin v3.07

#Note that Custom flash counter will increase and you will lose warranty!
#I am not responsable for anything - lose of data, job, wife, hair etc.
Don`t say, just press
Current phones:

Galaxy S II i9100:

iPhone 5
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to corsicanu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

midoen
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It's maybe a little bit too late, but I just found out today that "download" mode in your "4 way reboot" wouldn't work, other than that, "reboot", "soft reboot" and "recovery" mode working just fine, magics DO happened..

and also I'm curious about accuweather widget, is it only me or this one isn't work as well..

anyway, I can't thank you enough for your work, corsicanu sir..
you made it all possible, something that someone would really appreciates..

cheers..

corsicanu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
I received some messages in the past days and i want to explain some things. First of all i don't have this device and i can't do much for now. It's not that easy to do anything when even the kernel source from samsung is full of bugs.. Porting of any rom needs device specific drivers, an advanced level of knowledge and a lot of patience to make it work. There are some devices with same configuration (1.0ghz cpu, 512mb ram) but with different mb, chipset etc. So i9000 may have 4.4.2 rom because it had devs to port drivers to each version of android.. It's a common device, the first from Galaxy S series. But our device is an experiment.. No support from samsung any more, nothing works as it should.. Here, a new s6810p is around 100.. But sh i9000 is 80 or i9100 - 125. Anyway I will post some tutorials, the source code of cwm, kernel and for @adytzu33 work on cyanogenmod porting in the next days, if anyone wants to do more in the future for this device.. I'll stay here for advices, support or any other, but my development will be limited. Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Don`t say, just press
Current phones:

Galaxy S II i9100:

iPhone 5

-=NPG=-
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
I received some messages in the past days and i want to explain some things. First of all i don't have this device and i can't do much for now. It's not that easy to do anything when even the kernel source from samsung is full of bugs.. Porting of any rom needs device specific drivers, an advanced level of knowledge and a lot of patience to make it work. There are some devices with same configuration (1.0ghz cpu, 512mb ram) but with different mb, chipset etc. So i9000 may have 4.4.2 rom because it had devs to port drivers to each version of android.. It's a common device, the first from Galaxy S series. But our device is an experiment.. No support from samsung any more, nothing works as it should.. Here, a new s6810p is around 100.. But sh i9000 is 80 or i9100 - 125. Anyway I will post some tutorials, the source code of cwm, kernel and for @adytzu33 work on cyanogenmod porting in the next days, if anyone wants to do more in the future for this device.. I'll stay here for advices, support or any other, but my development will be limited. Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
So our phone is the Samsung equivalent of Windows ME..... Works fine as long as you do not install anything on it, do not use any of the included software, people don't like it cos it's shyte and Samsung don't want to support it and in a year or so Samsung will pretend it never existed :P

Sent from my GT-S6810 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to -=NPG=- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
deodexed jb rom, modded, s6810, s6812, zipaligned