[Q] Video editing/splitting/merging in 1080p?

OP WatermelonSlim

9th March 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

1,286 posts
So I took a bunch of videos on my phone. I can trim the beginning and end off just fine using the "trim" option.

I am trying to keep the beginning and end, but get rid of some of the middle.

So I open up the "video editor" (which I had to sign up for Samsung apps and download). It gives me a "split" option, but I can't figure out how to make it work. I tap the split button, move the selector to the next part, hit the split button again, and the first split is no longer split. It's like you can only have 1 split when I need 2, and I can't figure out how to delete it after it's split anyway.

So I went back to the original video and opened up the trim option. I then trimmed off the beginning up to the point where I wanted to keep the end, and saved it as a new video. I the opened the original video again and went to the trim option and trimmed off the end up to the point where I wanted to keep the beginning, and saved it as a new video.

I then opened one of new "beginning" video and selected the video editor. I went to the add media option and added the new "ending" video. I hit export media and this roundabout way worked to cut out the middle part that I was trying to remove with a split. A little clunker than just splitting it, but it got to the same result in the long run.

The problem is it downgraded the resolution significantly. So the newly edited video is a little square in the middle of my screen, and the original videos were all full resolution, full screen.

Is there an easy way to do this? This is a T-Mobile Note 3 with stock ROM, not rooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread