stratplayer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Unhappy Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
I will tell you this next week.
Great news I have my phone back from SBE Ltd, Ashford, Kent....

BAD NEWS... they have done sweet FA with the power button!! I am so angry! I called them to discuss the issue and they had all the details from Sony passed to them so there was no excuse. There is no way they could have checked it against a working unit, so I have just wasted 10 days.

Worse still I had to contact Sony again to get a new repair number to send it back to them, its a blooming joke! Sony has lost any future custom from me on the handset market!

So now tomorrow the phone will be returned for SBE Ltd (who are Sony Xperia's UK repair centre) to do what should have been done the first time, yet again I am without my "flagship" device!!
3 uk One Plan (30 day contract)
Note 3 (Black)
Running X-Note v13.0 ROM

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplayer View Post
Great news I have my phone back from SBE Ltd, Ashford, Kent....

BAD NEWS... they have done sweet FA with the power button!! I am so angry! I called them to discuss the issue and they had all the details from Sony passed to them so there was no excuse. There is no way they could have checked it against a working unit, so I have just wasted 10 days.

Worse still I had to contact Sony again to get a new repair number to send it back to them, its a blooming joke! Sony has lost any future custom from me on the handset market!

So now tomorrow the phone will be returned for SBE Ltd (who are Sony Xperia's UK repair centre) to do what should have been done the first time, yet again I am without my "flagship" device!!
I can't believe an authorized Sony Center to repair faulty devices do such a kind of job. The shop where I brought mine said the same thing, they will give me all the papers from Sony Center of what was done on my device so I can't complain but if I will get a kind of adventure like yours I really will be angry very much. My phone will be back in few days, I will let you know what they did. I remember well my phone was like new, if I find scratches or the issue still there, i don't know! They screw all of us.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

stratplayer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
I can't believe an authorized Sony Center to repair faulty devices do such a kind of job. The shop where I brought mine said the same thing, they will give me all the papers from Sony Center of what was done on my device so I can't complain but if I will get a kind of adventure like yours I really will be angry very much. My phone will be back in few days, I will let you know what they did. I remember well my phone was like new, if I find scratches or the issue still there, i don't know! They screw all of us.
It doesnt give you much faith that they will return me the phone with its original waterproof feature intact when they cant even see the problem/fix the problem of a simple power button.

The lady at Sony Xperia insisted they are fully trained in the waterproof capabilities, and that my remaining 2 years warranty would cover it.

It's the loss of the phone that annoys me the most, especially for no reason. I have gone out and bought a Galaxy Note 3 as I couldnt bear to be without a phone, it's going to be my new full time phone, the Sony (if/when) it is eventually repaired will be sold on Ebay!

For posterity I have attached a picture of an all too familiar pose of my Sony Xperia Z1, in a brown jiffy bag labelled for SBE Ltd.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-03 19.38.42.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	2557139  
3 uk One Plan (30 day contract)
Note 3 (Black)
Running X-Note v13.0 ROM

samjn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Z1 power button issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplayer View Post
I started this thread, it is definitely a problem and you should get it repaired. Mine was sent back and now has been repaired, not very impressive for a "premium" handset!

It was only away for just over a week.
I'm from Indonesia and my Z1 is also having the same problem. I bought it on November 2013. The power button is getting stained (not as shiny as before) and doesnt give a definite feel whether it is pressed or not. It is very annoying. I havent sent the phone to the official Sony here and in the meantime I'm using an app called "Awesome on/off" to stop making it worse.

Should I claim my warranty to official Sony here? Seems some people are having the same everlasting problem here. Kindly advise.

augie7107
Old
Thanks Meter 137
I had a Xperia ZL and the power button fell completely off the device. Sony claimed misuse with no repair warranty. In my opinion, the power button is a marketing gimmick with inferior quality to power buttons on any of the other top cell phone manufacturers.

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

omegahanggara
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by samjn View Post
I'm from Indonesia and my Z1 is also having the same problem. I bought it on November 2013. The power button is getting stained (not as shiny as before) and doesnt give a definite feel whether it is pressed or not. It is very annoying. I havent sent the phone to the official Sony here and in the meantime I'm using an app called "Awesome on/off" to stop making it worse.

Should I claim my warranty to official Sony here? Seems some people are having the same everlasting problem here. Kindly advise.
Hey there. I'm from Indonesia too. Last new I read about Sony Indonesia is, they will take care your guarantee at any cost, especially for Xperia S800 like Z, Z1, Z Ultra, etc. I think you should go to Sony service center nearby to claim your guarantee. Make sure you not tell anything about something which break the guarantee, like unlocking bootloader, rooting, etc.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
"It is not the size of the sword... It is how you use it!!!"