XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How I finally fixed the "can't connect to camera" issue on my THL w100

Tip us?

Barony
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolorata View Post
I have the same sn but my fw version is ThL.W100.130912.JBV2.QHD.EN.COM.V01.8P32_V01_MT658 9... I have not "2" at the end. Is your version an update? where do i find it? can you give me the link? thanks
Hello

You're right, the version has no "2" at the end.
I fooled myself whilst typing.

Sorry for the mistake, since corrected the mesnagem.

Sincerely

Guigui96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barony View Post
Good job ... Guigui96,

Hello, I'm Portuguese, sorry for my english.
I have a THL W100 with s/n CFYSGM4W, and had the same problem with the camera ... "can not connect to the camera".
I already had done many experiments, but no results.
I made many donwload on the Net, and I install many rom's on my phone, but no one put the camara worked.
I installed this version "ThL.W100.130912.JBV2.QHD.EN.COM.V01.8P32_V01_MT65 892", and with your precious help...
VOULA....
Everything works, the camera to.

Thank you for sharing with us.

So I understand at the end, my camera fix was the thing that fixed your camera?

leac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi Gideon

I would like to talk to you via private messages in this system. Is that possible?

Hannah

octavia
Old
(Last edited by octavia; 21st March 2014 at 03:58 PM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 6
My problem with the camera is partially solved but it's not a hardware solution (I think). I flashed ThL.W200.130817.JBV2.HD.EN.RU.COM.8P64_MT6589T(zou nd v.1.5), which gives me the option to Hot Boot, every time I restart my phone with this method, the camara works fine. If I start or restart the phone normally, the camera does not work. Occasionally I have to hot boot the phone but that does it since I don't have the know-how (or tools) to modify my phone.

EDIT:
NEVERMIND, that didn't work after a while. I tried your way and it worked perfectly. Thank you!!!!!

UPDATE: After working for a couple of weeks, the camera stopped working for good. I tried different degrees of preassure on the camera but no luck at all. It's a shame because it's a good phone otherwise.

Guigui96
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by octavia View Post
My problem with the camera is partially solved but it's not a hardware solution (I think). I flashed ThL.W200.130817.JBV2.HD.EN.RU.COM.8P64_MT6589T(zou nd v.1.5), which gives me the option to Hot Boot, every time I restart my phone with this method, the camara works fine. If I start or restart the phone normally, the camera does not work. Ocassionally I have to hot boot the phone but that does it since I don't have the know-how (or tools) to momdify my phone.

EDIT:
NEVERMIND, that didn't work after a while. I tried your way and it worked perfectly. Thank you!!!!!

Glad to hear it

MateusLeo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had the same issue, my w100 serial number starts with CFY... I opened it and did the same thing you said, but before re-assembling it i made pressure on the connector with my finger to see if it was going to work and it did. After it was re-assembled, with sillver tape taped to the plastic to make pressure on the cable, it didnt work, i tried again making pressure but it didnt work anyway, i guess my connector is totally screwed up =(

youhelpedmefixmyphone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Signed up to say thank you!
My phone camera is now working again.
Thank you
-BAILEY
Grateful-googler

accorinti
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Tried the procedure, no luck :( Other ideas?

I tried to fix the cam, I opened my phone twice and made the stickers thicker, no luck, sometime a get a green image, sometime "cant connect to camera'.
Strange thing is, there is even no symbol for switching to the front cam, it would be at least something...

Do you guys have other Idea how to fix this?

THX

Best

miggui
Old
(Last edited by miggui; 15th March 2014 at 11:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default battery THL w 100 VS camera fix

Hi

AgObaBa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello Gideon,

I did the steps that you suggested here, and at the beginning the camera worked for a while, but to the end of the day it gave the same error. So the next day I put some more paper, because I thought that the paper did not push enough the connector. Same: worked for a while then stopped. Also, it started to give me a green screen once, then the error again.

I also read the "charging cable" idea, I tried to find out whether the cable causes the camera problem or not, but I could not figure it out.

For some days the camera does not work at all.

Do you have some idea what I could do wrong or what I shoud do differently to make it work?

Thank you for your reply in advance.
Cheers,
Ágota