XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[12/29] Restore for MJ5 --Doesn't trip Knox and optionally provides root--

Tip us?

HomerSimpson09876
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothednblack1 View Post
Maybe you can't downgrade from KK, I don't know. Maybe someone that has done it can chime in and say it worked for them.
Alright man, thanks for the help anyways. I'll just pop in on occasion to see what people say.
The Following User Says Thank You to HomerSimpson09876 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkchyldx101
Old
Thanks Meter 709
I've done it enough where I have it memorized.
Flash mj5 firmware with Odin. Install vcredist packages and zadig driver. Flash mj5 pit and m19 fix system image with heimdal frontend. Go to stock recovery flash csc zip. Go back flash 24...something zip. Reboot extract rdlv zip for root in internal sd. Reboot. Check for superuser. Reboot and enjoy! There were times where pc couldn't detect my device. I just kept fiddling around until I finally got it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to darkchyldx101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HomerSimpson09876
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchyldx101 View Post
I've done it enough where I have it memorized.
Flash mj5 firmware with Odin. Install vcredist packages and zadig driver. Flash mj5 pit and m19 fix system image with heimdal frontend. Go to stock recovery flash csc zip. Go back flash 24...something zip. Reboot extract rdlv zip for root in internal sd. Reboot. Check for superuser. Reboot and enjoy! There were times where pc couldn't detect my device. I just kept fiddling around until I finally got it.

I apologize for my ignorance, but how do I flash MJ5 with Odin? I've never really tinkered with such a thing.

darkchyldx101
Old
(Last edited by darkchyldx101; 9th March 2014 at 10:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 709
Step 3 in op. Make sure to unzip ap,bl,cp.

Another thing you can try. If you still have safestrap installed and a 4.3 mj5 backup. Use Odin flash mj5 ap and bl partitions. Reboot. Go to safestrap recovery and restore your mj5 rom. Basically use drake's to get safestrap instructions. Or try this if you don't have a backup. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49629934
The Following User Says Thank You to darkchyldx101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HomerSimpson09876
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Another thing you can try. If you still have safestrap installed and a 4.3 mj5 backup. Use Odin flash mj5 ap and bl partitions. Reboot. Go to safestrap recovery and restore your mj5 rom. Basically use drake's to get safestrap instructions. Or try this if you don't have a backup. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49629934
Awesome! I just did all the steps up to flashing in Heimdall and I encountered no problems and I'm on the AT&T splash screen now! I'll report if I have any troubles.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote:

Is it normal for the phone to be stuck on the AT&T splash screen for a prolonged amount of time?

darkchyldx101
Old
Thanks Meter 709
First boot does take a little longer. Did you flash the csc and other zip in Stock recovery before rebooting to your system?

HomerSimpson09876
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
First boot does take a little longer. Did you flash the csc and other zip in Stock recovery before rebooting to your system?

No, I did not place the files on my phone. Can I do it on the internal sd or is it mandatory to do it on the external? If external, I do not have any at the current moment.

carl1961
Old
Thanks Meter 2714
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson09876 View Post
Awesome! I just did all the steps up to flashing in Heimdall and I encountered no problems and I'm on the AT&T splash screen now! I'll report if I have any troubles.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Is it normal for the phone to be stuck on the AT&T splash screen for a prolonged amount of time?
try re installing the 4 MJ5 files with odin from step 3 make sure your MD5 number is good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MJ5 MD5.PNG
Views:	54
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	2621999   Click image for larger version

Name:	md5.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	2622000  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Md5Checker.zip - [Click for QR Code] (129.3 KB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to carl1961 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HomerSimpson09876
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
try re installing the 4 MJ5 files with odin from step 3 make sure your MD5 number is good
Yep, the MD5 numbers are good. But do I need an external micro sd card and place the files in there as op said to do so? Or is there a way to access the internal storage through the stock recovery?

darkchyldx101
Old
Thanks Meter 709
Op did state external sd. If your booted into your system. Try placing those files onto your internal sd then flash.