[Without PC] Unpack, Edit, Repack boot.img

Tip us?

MgudFrn
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modding.MyMind View Post
What device did this boot.img come from?

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk
Karbonn A1 Star. (MT6575)
The Following User Says Thank You to MgudFrn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MgudFrn View Post
Karbonn A1 Star. (MT6575)
Well, that answers my question then lol. There is another version which works best for devices like yours. I will need to compile the source for ARM, but I haven't gotten around to do it. Was going to make the binary initially when I made these three, but I decided against because at that time I had felt there wouldn't be enough people out there who would really need it. Guess I should add that to my list. Well, until I do, my current binaries will not really work for you as of right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MgudFrn
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well, that answers my question then lol. There is another version which works best for devices like yours. I will need to compile the source for ARM, but I haven't gotten around to do it. Was going to make the binary initially when I made these three, but I decided against because at that time I had felt there wouldn't be enough people out there who would really need it. Guess I should add that to my list. Well, until I do, my current binaries will not really work for you as of right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Okay!! I don't think there's any other method to unpack boot.img without pc ?? Should go with PC now
Anyways Thanks for helping till now.
The Following User Says Thank You to MgudFrn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
(Last edited by Modding.MyMind; 7th March 2014 at 01:53 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941

DONATE TO ME
@MgudFrn

Take a look here

Its open source regarding the dsixda kitchen. You will notice a lot of source files. Some pertain specifically to devices such as the one your boot.img came from. Those specific files, I left out when compiling my binaries. Unless I include those sources, my compiled binaries provided in the op will not work for you. If I get some free time down the road, I will try to include those source files so boot.imgs like the one you have, can be properly worked on without the need of a pc.

MgudFrn
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@MgudFrn

Take a look here

Its open source regarding the dsixda kitchen. You will notice a lot of source files. Some pertain specifically to devices such as the one your boot.img came from. Those specific files, I left out when compiling my binaries. Unless I include those sources, my compiled binaries provided in the op will not work for you. If I get some free time down the road, I will try to include those source files so boot.imgs like the one you have, can be properly worked on without the need of a pc.

Okay Thank You

dreccon
Old
Thanks Meter 826
Hi again, I recently opened a new thread that explains Dual-Boot in more detail. I believe you'll find it interesting.

Sent from the 3rd dimension!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreccon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreccon View Post
Hi again, I recently opened a new thread that explains Dual-Boot in more detail. I believe you'll find it interesting.

Sent from the 3rd dimension!
Hey bro, will be adding my binaries to my github hopefully soon. From there I will be conducting a LOT of changes. Will post link when I get it all staged on my repo 'which I still have to create'. Been busy in real life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941

DONATE TO ME
@dreccon

boot_manipulation github repo

Have created it, but still got to stage the source later on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941

DONATE TO ME
Link to source has been added to Op. Currently no Makefile at the moment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941

DONATE TO ME
Makefile added to source. Will be last post from here given my source. All updates can be seen from the repo via commits. See Op for source link.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]