Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,998 Members 39,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to downgrade to jelly bean ?

Tip us?

Mohammed Atif
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default How to downgrade to jelly bean ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

AlexGT1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
+1

I want to go back too! I feel cheated out of a funcional phone that I had.

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 630
Lol proof that you should never jump the gun just because a carrier is releasing a firmware update. I remember reading about Google messing with the way kitkat handles external sdcard functions a couple weeks before it was released and thinking to myself how stupid that was of them to do that. I'm content on 4.3 right now and no reason to blind flash to 4.4 until our devs fix Googles mistake and make some dope 4.4.2 roms.

You should be able to go back to 4.3 if you made a backup in recovery, however if you did the OTA and received the new bootloader you might be stuck on 4.4.2 for quite awhile.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold

PowerMan572
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by d12unk13astard View Post
Lol proof that you should never jump the gun just because a carrier is releasing a firmware update. I remember reading about Google messing with the way kitkat handles external sdcard functions a couple weeks before it was released and thinking to myself how stupid that was of them to do that. I'm content on 4.3 right now and no reason to blind flash to 4.4 until our devs fix Googles mistake and make some dope 4.4.2 roms.

You should be able to go back to 4.3 if you made a backup in recovery, however if you did the OTA and received the new bootloader you might be stuck on 4.4.2 for quite awhile.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
+1 you are stuck on 4.4.2 if your bootloader is the latest version.

The Devs here did fix the external sd card function you can flash the fix in TWRP.

Personally, I'm loving the Dodexed version of 4.4.2. I'm noticing much smoother phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PowerMan572 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drag&fly
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed Atif View Post
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Knowledge is King, baby! I get stuck on things sometimes too, but there were weeks of discussion prior to the update about people jumping the gun. I mean it was only 2 hours or so after the update dropped that a Odex and Deodex flashable were posted with instructions on how to run 4.4 rooms with the 4.3 bootloader and how taking OTA or updating via KIES will update bootloader with no revert avaliable to the 4.3 bootloader.

Knowledge here on XDA is free to you, because someone already paid the price of screwing up in effort to better your experience. ..... So with all due respect, please take advantage and read.
The Following User Says Thank You to drag&fly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]